Flightsimulation 27 years ago...

Oh, that brings back memories...

While I never played the FS series until I got into FSX a few years back I played my share of old time sims.

I had a very basic sim on the old Commodore 64 that I never really mastered, and that one looked even worse than your shots.

But the ones I played for many hours was Fighter Bomber (AKA Strike Aces), Gunship and the F19 stealth fighter on the old Atari 520STe. And then there's of course the old X-wing vs. Tie-fighter series.... :pilotic:

I had an early version of Flight Simulator for the Commodore 64, published by Sublogic, before Microsoft bought it. I think it may have pre-dated the screenshots above, or was at least of that vintage. What terrain there was was just wireframe graphics and I think there were five "areas" you could fly in - all else was just flat green landscape with no features, no airports, no naviads. I think there was one ILS in each of the five areas.

I got rid of all of it a while ago, but kept the printed manauals for some reason I can't explain.

I used F-19 Stealth Fighter from MicroProse a lot and still have that package on the shelf. MicroProse was a good outfit. I just looked in the box - it's all on 5-1/4 floppies, but packed with books, maps, keyboard overlay, etc - all the things we don't get now - even though the software itself is greatly improved these days, what's in the package is generally not.

John

I had an early version of Flight Simulator for the Commodore 64, published by Sublogic, before Microsoft bought it. I think it may have pre-dated the screenshots above, or was at least of that vintage. What terrain there was was just wireframe graphics and I think there were five "areas" you could fly in - all else was just flat green landscape with no features, no airports, no naviads. I think there was one ILS in each of the five areas.

I got rid of all of it a while ago, but kept the printed manauals for some reason I can't explain.

I used F-19 Stealth Fighter from MicroProse a lot and still have that package on the shelf. MicroProse was a good outfit. I just looked in the box - it's all on 5-1/4 floppies, but packed with books, maps, keyboard overlay, etc - all the things we don't get now - even though the software itself is greatly improved these days, what's in the package is generally not.

John

Yes I had the Sublogic Flt Sim and I still have the Maps that came with it with all the jetways and VORs on them I still use it to Navagate in the USA.

Gunfighter