Scenery error

More help please :wacko2:

I was doing a little FSX housekeeping yesterday by getting rid of some free stuff I tried out. I simply uninstalled them as per instructions or so I thought. Ever since then I've had this error at FSX start-up

Sceneryerror.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix it? I've looked in the scenery.cfg and can't see anything obvioulsy wrong but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

It isn't causing a problem that I can see at the minute - just annoying. Plus I don't understand how it happened.

The problem is how you have identified, caused by the uninstall-action. I suspect that in the scenery.cfg still exist and that path that wants access to this removed area or files in that area. What ever >Area115< is/was. Try it on cleaning the registry with special Registry-Cleaner. Also i had that Problem with EDDF2008 MAF/FS2004 and i fixed that bug.

Perhaps it is also a solution of AFCAD to find that out. Don´t know if it works on fsx. Although there is almost no help. I hope that the bug is fixed soon. :thum:

p.s. what you have removed - airport - or scenery files or both ?.

If you do not get along, I ´ll ask directly the developer here.

Hey Graeme,

It looks as though you have deleted your FSX/addon scenery/scenery folder.

Just make sure you have those folders in place (even if there is nothing in them) and start FSX again

Hey Graeme,

It looks as though you have deleted your FSX/addon scenery/scenery folder.

Just make sure you have those folders in place (even if there is nothing in them) and start FSX again

Thanks Joe

I've checked and still have a Addon Scenery folder with 5 sub-folders - these are some airfields and the FSX Power Project in it. I'm sure this is where the CAG airfileds came out of but don't know why they'd take anything else out.

Area.115 is a standard scenery.cfg system position for addon scenery in a non-acceleration version.

Do you have a FSX/Addon Scenery/Texture folder? as well as FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder ?

Hi Graeme,

That's odd. Any chance of sending me the scenery.config from the location I pointed to above or list it here?

contact [at] mutleyshangar [dot] com

I really should have read your post more carefully Joe. Indeed there was no "Scenery" folder inside the "Addon Scenery" folder. When I have added it back the error has gone.

Quite how it got deleted I don't know but since nobody else is even allowed on this computer it has to have been me :sorry:

All a bit embarrasing really :sorry:

Thanks again - off to hide under the blankets :whis: