High guys, I have recently bought the addon texture packs Texture Booster Pro and Texture Booster Pack. I installed it to where it said to (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X) but the addons are not enhancing FSX. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance :thum:

Are you sure your FSX is installed to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

As you are running Windows 7, unless you changed the default installation path, it likely put itself in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X...

As an aside, I would be a little careful with this product - a few reviews and user comments I came across seemed to suggest that the install/uninstall is a little broken and can mess up your original FSX textures if you are not cautious!

Good advice Iain,

With Windows 64bit Program Files are for the 64 bit apps whilst Program Files (x86) are for the 32bit apps like flight sim. Older products need to have their installation path altered to the right folder.

Cheers,

Joe

in this case it does matter where it installs the program, it is looking for microsoft games/fsx in program files fsx is in program files (x86). what you need to do is unistall it from program files and reinstall it in program files (x86) then it will find microsoft games /fsx and install correctly

simples