MEBAR046 - Leg 1

And I'm off again on this years MEBAR :pilotic:

All shots are unedited, just shrunk and cropped them abit. Add-ons in use are REX Overdrive (almost forgot to turn the weather engine off), UTX Europe, FS Global 2010 Mesh and ground textures from FScene X. And of course the Flight1 BN-2 Islander.

Had to redo this flight once because my dear little son managed to reset the flight as I was approaching Lowestoft and the turn on to the final leg :gaah: , so most of the shots are from the first try.

I should also add that I'm very glad this event is done in a sim. I really think I would have been grounded on medical reasons if I had tried to do this IRL today. Due to an infection of some sort in my eyes I had to pause the sim every 20 minutes to go and rinse out my eyes in order to see anything :stars:

But let's get on with the shots.

Not much to show on the ground at Shoreham, so the first shot is after take-off, heading roughly north towards the first waypoint.

001-climbing-out.jpg

And looking back towards my departure point

002-leaving-shoreham-behind.jpg

Established at my cruise altitude, time to start adjusting the RPM and throttle

003-level-at-cruise.jpg

Passing Gatwick on my right

004-passing-gatwick.jpg

Good thing I'm not at a higher altitude, those clouds looming overhead don't look one bit inviting

005-don-t-like-those-clouds-one-bit.jpg

There was plenty of traffic heading in to Heathrow, but at 2.500 feet or below they were no real issue

006-plenty-of-traffic-heading-in-to-heathrow.jpg

The PAPI lights of London City Airport just popped into view off my port side....

007-london-city-airport-in-the-distance.jpg

After turning on to the second leg I head out towards Andrewsfield AB

008-enrute-to-andrewsfield.jpg

passing this big junction on the way. (Not sure but I guess it's the M25/M11 junction just south of North Weald Airfield, with Stapleford Airfield visible on the far right)

009-big-junction.jpg

A touch and go at Andrewsfield was part of todays menu.

010-t-and-g-at-andrewsfield.jpg

Doing a hard left turn to get back on course after the T&G

011-climbing-out-on-course-again.jpg

Full power, but this lady is slow in the climb regardless

012-climbing.jpg

Back at cruise altitude and tracking the flightplan for the coast

013-back-at-cruise-heading-for-the-coast.jpg

A friend along for the ride snapped this from the back of the cabin... wonder where I was hiding at the time.....

014-passangers-view.jpg

Those black mean clouds are back again.. still glad I'm not at a higher altitude, but the trublence was getting worse after the touch and go.

015-pretty-close-to-those-clouds.jpg

Getting closer to the coast, and my last waypoint before the first stop in the Rally

016-closing-in-on-the-coast.jpg

I think this is where we should start heading inland again

017-i-guess-this-is-where-we-should-turn.jpg

A long decent at 500 feet/minut, and a pattern later and I found myself on an extended downwind leg trying to time my arrival with a long final in to Seething.

018-extended-downwind-leg-to-adjust-for-timing.jpg

My eyes did play one final trick on me, during my turn to final I totaly lost track of the runway and had turned almost 270 degrees before I picked up on the problem, so I ended up about 15 seconds late on my landing.

Target time 93.95 minutes, actual time 94.21 minutes.

That's it for me on this leg.

Thanks Dai.

If only this flu/eye infection would give up on me, in my current condition I doubt I'd manage that next marathon of a leg....

Right now my eyes are better, but I said that on tuesday afternoon too, and that came back to bite me where the sun don't shine.... :stars: