If FSX Acceleration Installer Asks For English....

I've been asked to post this by an OFSC member who's not a MH member and who is seriously ill. He's clearing his decks and wanted me to post this info which was helpful to him and may be helpful to others in the future.

He obtained this when faced with an error message while installing FSX Acceleration stating that he must use the English version, which is exactly what he was trying to install. I'm not sure of the source of this information but it solved his problem and he wanted to share the wealth with others.

John

If you get a notice that you are using something other than English when you try to install FSX Acceleration do the following.

This works for Win 7

1. Start - Type in RegEdit

2. on 32-bit operating systems, open the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICORSOFT\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0 key in the left pane.

On 64-bit operating systems, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\

Flight Simulator\10.0key in the left pane.

3. Choose New Value #1\Double left click New Value @1 and type in SetupPath

4. Double left click SetupPath and in the Value data box type the full directory path where you installed Flight Simular X.

NOTE: If FSX is already installed number 4 above will be easy since the path will be already there.

Harold

My prayers and well wishes go out to your friend and also a big thanks to him for thinking about the sim community when he must have enough on his plate at this time. :thanks: