Duh...the picture. Thanks for that.

Excellent review of this sleepy little airport. It is a nice one and has a nice relaxed look to it.

With few points of intrest in the area I can't see it justifing the price they have set. Yes it looks good in the winter and has people moving around but just like Plum Island and a few others over time, they interested me for a few flights here and there and then barely gets any use. If you already own the region, these airports should be available for five to seven bucks. Just my two cents.

Cheers Brett.

Sorry about the dead link, not sure how that happened but it's fixed now :th_blush:

As for the lack of POI, that may be a bit harsh as there is a lot going on at the airfield but not as much as other fields. Of course, if that is a true representation of the area then maybe I should have docked it only half a point?

The SnowFlow is brilliant, until you see it in use you really can't appreciate what an improvement it makes to the winter scenery.

I know Orbx have said no more sales, but it would be great if they could do a deal on bundles of airfields in the same region for Oz or USA.

Cheers,

Joe

The SnowFlow is brilliant, until you see it in use you really can't appreciate what an improvement it makes to the winter scenery.

I know Orbx have said no more sales, but it would be great if they could do a deal on bundles of airfields in the same region for Oz or USA.

Cheers,

Joe

Great review Joe. I only wish Vol 8 Southern Scotland had been given the SnowFlow treatment. It would have looked stunning.

Your idea of a bundled lot of area specific airfields is a good one. Have you put it to ORBX? You should!

C U Sune. :P

Sorry Joe, I can sound a little harsh about this stuff. I don't mean too be I just have trouble with their pricing. I'm sure it's a fantastic product that took a lot of work to make. To each his own, there are plenty of folk's that enjoy detailed scenery. I'm just not one of them, spending more time flying then scoping about the airports. My addon folder does include airports in less detail but well made just the same which is enough for my needs. I must show more tolerance in the future. :) You have a great idea that I hope ORBX will pick up on. I'm pretty sure they will do something along those lines after initial sales slow down in the future.

Take care,

Sorry Joe, I can sound a little harsh about this stuff. I don't mean too be I just have trouble with their pricing. I'm sure it's a fantastic product that took a lot of work to make. To each his own, there are plenty of folk's that enjoy detailed scenery. I'm just not one of them, spending more time flying then scoping about the airports. My addon folder does include airports in less detail but well made just the same which is enough for my needs. I must show more tolerance in the future. :) You have a great idea that I hope ORBX will pick up on. I'm pretty sure they will do something along those lines after initial sales slow down in the future.

Take care,

Hi Brett,

My fault, I didn't word my response very well! :fool: I meant that maybe I was being harsh (not you) about the POI, but I guess if it reflects the airport and environs they can't really show it any other way.

I'm not sure what I feel about the pricing, their region packs are quite good value but it would cost 100's to populate a region with their high res airports. From their humble beginnings of freeware developers they have now become the Rolls Royce of this type of scenery. So long as people keep buying they will keep their price point the same.

Cheers,

Joe

I have only just got round to reading this review and I think you summed it up quite nicely.

You mentioned you followed the AI for a flight? How did you do this? I'd love to do that.

Great review - top quality mate

Hi Jim,

You set your main view to the Ai aircraft. You have to wait until an aircraft takes off and just ride along with them, I couldn't find a time table but generally if you wait 10 minutes or so the aircraft takes off, does a circuit and lands.

Cheers,

Joe