Hello fellow Simmers,

Just to start of and test if I can place a photo on the forum.

Searching for dimensions and proportion I visited de site simkits.com

There I found an autocad drawing of an dash of a Cessna 172 skyhawk.

( http://www.simkits.com/brochures.php)

Since I work at a company that is makes cartonboard packaging I asked if they could "plotter" it in cartonboard to give me an idea about the real dimmension.

This is the result:

c143d130.jpg

My plan is to make it from wood and place it in front of an lcd screen.

I read somewhere that there is software to replace the gauges in fsx to build you own "dash"

In the next couple of days I will place some photo's to let you see al the hardware I have to build in.

Comments and advises are welcome.

Cheers,

Jan

Thanks Den,

It look realy interesting. the only thing I don't understand why I should get my instruments to work on an other computer?

I have a matrox triplehead2go for the horizon sight and the second connection on my videocard for my gps and stuff.

I always thought that with widefs, an second computer en a second fsx disc you can do it too.. does annybody know if you can you it that way?

the peix software looks realy nice, do you know if I can rearrange the gauges or are the fixed?

cheers,

I always thought that with widefs, an second computer en a second fsx disc you can do it too.. does annybody know if you can you it that way?

I think you are confusing Widefs, by Pete dowson, with Wideview, by Luciano Napolitano(I think that's how it's spelt). Wideview will allow you to link 2 separate copies of fsx on 2 pcs to use different outside views.

WideFs fools the second pc into believing fsx is running on it (it isn't fsx only runs on the main pc) and I use it to run my Peix software, amongst other programs. The advantage is that it reduces the load on the fsx pc, which just displays the outside view.

the peix software looks realy nice, do you know if I can rearrange the gauges or are the fixed?

Yes, you can move and resize the gauges as you see fit. You can also tell it which gauges you want to see and which you don't.

I have 2 different configs saved, one for C172 and one for a generic twin so it will display different instruments depending on which one I load up.

Hope that helps.

Den