Hawker Sea Fury FB11 (cn 41h/642111) was built in 1948 and carried the serial WJ244. After leaving Royal Navy service it was aquired by Display Pilot Spencer Flack and was a favourite on the British airshow scene until 2/8/1981 when it force landed near RAF Waddington and was written off. She is shown here operating from Sandown Airfield on the Isle of Wight. (pure fiction, I have no idea if the aircraft ever flew from there! )anyway this beautiful aircraft is shown here in her element, Enjoy......

Fuelling at Sandown

furypkdSandown.jpg

getting airborne

seafurytoff.jpg

Out over the Solent,St Helens harbour forward of the wing and Bembridge airport aft of it.

solentfury.jpg

over the top, Selsey Bill down by the tail and further up is Beachy Head

GfuryLoop.jpg

heading down to pick up speed, Selsey below the nose

Gfuryclose.jpg

over Newtown Harbour, just above the wing can be seen the Esso refinery at Fawley

Gfury.jpg

Sunset over the Isle of Wight, far left is Whitecliff Bay, then the lights of Bembridge airport to the right, round the headlend to the natural harbour of St Helens, then on the right we can see Ryde pier, the first inlet above that is Fishbourne and the larger one is the harbour at Cowes, Then, on the mainland opposite IOW we can see Hurst point with it's famous fort and lighthouse, the lighter area above that point is Bournemouth and the headland beyond their is the Isle of Purbeck. In the far distance is Portland bill....

IOWfury.jpg

heading back to Sandown, just to the left of the left wheel can be seen one of the Sea Forts that were erected to defend Portsmouth from Napoloeons Navy.

Gfuryappsand.jpg

over the threshold

Gfuryland.jpg

taxying in

g-furytaxi.jpg

Parked on the ramp

Gfurypkddusk.jpg

Thanks for viewing,(in case you wondered, the small pods under the wingtips are smoke pots)

Hey Alan,

Here's another couple of a different Fury that I remember from when I was a kid.

BF1.jpg

My sisters used to play this all the time.

BF2.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Blimey, you're showing your age now ! :D

Heres Yet another Fury from the same era, the North American Fury was the precurser to the famous F86 Sabre.

FJ1furylow.jpg