Hello All,

I've got what I think is a problem with the FSX default Grumman Goose. There appears to be a bug (not the steering bug) in the FSX representation of this instrument.

I cannot fly the autopilot on altitude hold only. If I cancel heading hold, the stick has no effect on the direction of the aircraft (ailerons or rudder). Anyone else with this issue? I haven't tested it, but I know this autopilot is common to a lot of the FSX aircraft. Ref: gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP

Switches:

Autopilot "on"

Alt Hold "on"

Hdg hold "off"

All other autopilot switches "off"

Cheers,

March

Hi March,

There is a known FSX bug that the ALT hold also turns on the wing leveller, there are two ways of tackling this, the permanent fix, if you are confident to edit the Goose's Aircraft.cfg file, look for the [autopilot] section and add theses two lines to the end:

default_bank_mode=0

default_pitch_mode=0

And save the file, this will stop the wing-leveller.

Alternatively, if you don't want to go editing files then after you set the ALT click the HDG button twice, ie on then off and the roll will be re-activated.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Joe

I hope I was supposed to do the "Solved" tag thing. Wouldn't want to put an administrator out of work or anything like that. See you all in a few days - Bundaberg to Brisbane tomorrow morning.

Flight planned for 5 knots at zero feet. Should take about 48 hours.

Cheers,

March

Has its ups and downs. Yesterday we got a severe wind warning from the Ozzie met guys and decided to bail out and into a place called Mooloolaba. Interesting hitting a channel entrance in the dark in 3 metre waves. I'd prefer an approach to minimums any time. With the boat, there's no TOGO button.

So we're in Mooloolaba for a day, met looks OK for tomorrow departure early morning for Brisbane.

Cheers,

March