Generation X - Vol. 6 Scotland North

Banner.jpg

Just published, a review by our very own Loch Ness monster, Brian Buckley, on Playsim's Generation X - Vol. 6 Scotland North.

Brian has lived in the Highlands for many years so has a good feel for what the scenery is like first-hand.

See how Brian got on with this much anticipated release. Read On

Hey Mike,

Thanks again for your honest opinions on yet another of my reviews.

You can't please all the people all the time, as the saying goes.

I promise to try and sharpen my reviewing skills in the future. ;)

With the intention of trying to please everyone.

IMHO I thought 9 a trifle high as there is plenty of room for them or another company to come along a make a better job whether anyone will is another question but none the less a good fair review

Nae bother, Bri' - guid review, mo charaid! :thum:

Now then, should Reviews be subjective? For me, at least, they have to be. Let's face it, you spend upwards of 25 hours flying around the scenery, or with the aircraft, under review. You take loads of screen shots and select those that complement your story. You take out the spelling mistakes and come up with your view of an appropriate score. And, Voila! That's it. Easy, what?!? :thum:

Thanks for all the effort, Mate! :clapping:

Hwyl - Dai. :thum:

• 4 months later...

Very good review Brian, just caught up with it after reading Johns post about the whiskey disaster and found this as a Similar Topic below that thread, as you know I'm from up here in the sticks too and was eagerly awaiting this volume to cover my neck of the woods, been back in this part of Scotland now since 1975 so know the area well too, great job :thum:

Scotflight have a final release that covers this area now BTW.

Will you be reviewing the soon to be released Gen X Vol 7 Scotland Midlands? its due about mid April I think, once I get that I'll have the full set of Gen X volumes and will buy the Treescapes for Vol 7 and in time the final Scotflight release to cover the same too ... I'll be in Flight Sim Nirvana then for sure.

I just hope they can blend in the join areas for South and North seamlessly, I'm sure they will ... I never detected any problems in North England and South Scotland but flying over the sandwich that is currently GenX Vol 6 to standard or just Scotflight enhanced FSX to Gen X Vol 8 again can be a bit of a show stopper as it stands just now.

I have always had a problem with "default scenery and night lighting bleed through" on the border between Volume 3 Northern England and Volume 8 Southern Scotland. It has never been resolved as far as I am aware, and I am disappointed that very few people seem to have pursued it. I was permanently banned from the PlayHorizon forum for asking a simple question (can the water rising up the cliffs short of the runway 30 threshold at Cardiff Airport be sorted out?), so I couldn't keep asking. Amazingly, I have been able to login again since the forum was moved to the PlaySims Publishing website! :huh:

Hi Colin,

I am indeed hoping to review Vol' 7, Scotland Central.

All being well, as I am having probs' with my back again and am looking at a hospital admission to sort it out.

If that is sorted and my health is up to par, I will be doing a review.

I too am eagerly waiting for the release of it.

I hope also they can get the overlap to be as seamless as possible.

Cheers

Brian

I have always had a problem with "default scenery and night lighting bleed through" on the border between Volume 3 Northern England and Volume 8 Southern Scotland. It has never been resolved as far as I am aware, and I am disappointed that very few people seem to have pursued it. I was permanently banned from the PlayHorizon forum for asking a simple question (can the water rising up the cliffs short of the runway 30 threshold at Cardiff Airport be sorted out?), so I couldn't keep asking. Amazingly, I have been able to login again since the forum was moved to the PlaySims Publishing website! :huh:

I'm sure you are right Christopher in what you see, but I've not really spent much time flying over the border of Scotland/England to be honest ... I'm sure there are a ton of undetected errors in all the GenX volumes, we have what we have I guess ... I was banned from the Playhorizon forum for criticism too, but in fairness now that I look back the moderation seems much better and more pro-active and they are much better in keeping us informed on release dates.

Hi Colin,

I am indeed hoping to review Vol' 7, Scotland Central.

All being well, as I am having probs' with my back again and am looking at a hospital admission to sort it out.

If that is sorted and my health is up to par, I will be doing a review.

I too am eagerly waiting for the release of it.

I hope also they can get the overlap to be as seamless as possible.

Cheers

Brian

Hi Brian

Hope you get the treatment and comfort you need for your back this time, I'm undergoing new treatment for my spine problem too and recently took an MRI scan that I'm awaiting the results on ... I'll shoot you a PM soon.

All  the best

Colin