Hi Rob, thanks for the review, I have been waiting for this Mutley's quality review since IOS first came out before I made the decision to purchase the program. I checked out the video awhile ago and figured they made it look to easy to create objects. You have confirmed that but a little learning never hurt anyone so that alone will not hold me back. What I did want to know is how it saves the scenery. Does it store the model file in a separate folder/library and link this path in the bgl's xml to the users computer or does it store the mdl file in the bgl itself so that you can upload the file to others? Does it give you a choice? I have the Instant Object Maker but you also have to get other programs to accomplish this and I didn't like the program enough to continue with it. I was hoping this new program would take care of this shortfall. Any more details about saving the files would be greatly appreciated.

If you are creating something that is specific to one airport in your sim only you can just hit save and it will keep appearing.

If, as I did, you want to use the object at various airports you will need to save it elsewhere and use something like ADE to make it appear. This bit was a bit fiddly and the manual doesn't cover it well (or any part of the saving process) but the developer was more than helpful when I contacted him.

It's one of those programs that you get out what you put in. I've not got masses of time to create objects, but the time I do have allows me to create basic ones. If I had more time/creativity/patience I'd probably be able to create much better objects. In the correct hands this could be one of the best scenery design tools available

Hey Rob,

Thanks for your review. Honest and to the point.

Having played with this for a while, I also found it to be frustrating in places but as you say, given time, patience and artistic flare (imagination), it is possible to achieve what you have in mind.

Time, I have plenty so I have played with IOS and quite enjoy it now.

I am as you are aware, designing a local airfield for where I live and I am using this and other similar utilities to get just what I want.

Very time consuming but worthwhile also.

I'm not too far away from completion of my little project and will post some pics when it's done.

Cheers for now :thum:

Thanks for the review Rob. A shame that they make it look too easy. I was also waiting for a review before buying. For now I will leave this be - I don't have a lot of time on my hands so this will be usefull in oh say about 20 years ;)

If you are creating something that is specific to one airport in your sim only you can just hit save and it will keep appearing.

If, as I did, you want to use the object at various airports you will need to save it elsewhere and use something like ADE to make it appear. This bit was a bit fiddly and the manual doesn't cover it well (or any part of the saving process) but the developer was more than helpful when I contacted him.

It's one of those programs that you get out what you put in. I've not got masses of time to create objects, but the time I do have allows me to create basic ones. If I had more time/creativity/patience I'd probably be able to create much better objects. In the correct hands this could be one of the best scenery design tools available

Thanks for the info Rob. I was hoping that they would have included different ways to make the save. Seems like it would have been an easy inclusion in the product. Still a great product for creating scenery objects. Oh well, back to the SDK to figure out how to include the model in the BGL.