RAS - Galway Airport and Arann Islands

banner.jpg

Our latest review is written by Kieran (Chuck) Marshall and features the Galway Airport and Arann Islands scenery from Roussillon Aero Simulation (RAS)

The Arann aka Aran Islands are situated in the Galway Bay off the west coast of Eire, so it was natural to get our Irish correspondent to give us his views!

Read on

in my spare time i have flown lobsters for a friend from the arran isles to a field near guildford, the only downside was it was in a single engine cessna and you could not fly over a thousand feet high all the way over the irish sea, sort of tightened the ring piece a bit, knowing that you had about 1 minute of gliding time should the donk quit,

why? you ask

because they would burst the equivalent of their swim bladder and die enroute and when you put them into a holding pool for the hotels and buyers to buy them the poisons they would emit would kill all the other lobsters within hours, which would necessitate a total cleaning and disinfecting of the pool before you could put others into it, hence you flew lowwww.

mind you every time the engine sneezed your heart missed a beat!

In your spare time?!!

Sounds like quite a good day job but I appreciate the flight level kept you on your toes.

Did you get a free Lobster for your troubles?!

You should be publishing your memoirs Nigel.

In your spare time?!!

Sounds like quite a good day job but I appreciate the flight level kept you on your toes.

Did you get a free Lobster for your troubles?!

You should be publishing your memoirs Nigel.

Thanks Joe, i have been very, no, extremely lucky, to have followed in the shoes of a great pilot (my father who was one of the few) and to have so far had a great and varied life flying,. sadly i hardly saw my children grow up because of it, so there are some huge downsides as well. To come home on a friday afternoon only to disappear at 7am on saturday to drop parachutists anywhere south of b'ham, or a booze/lunch trip to france, or perhaps to drop someones ashes over some old wartime airfield or over the channel, in time you will get an insight into it all.