Leg 87: DAAT Tamamrasset to HSSS Khartoum.

Hey guys.

Sorry for the wait and sorry to have to ask you to wait just a wee bit longer. Flight is complete and just finishing up some shots, nothing too fancy though.....been busy :eyebrow: Christmas and all that. No need to respond just letting you know i have not forgotten.

steve

Well ok, even this is sooner than i expected but my wifes watching a dancing program so i came back to the PC to finish up. I do appologise for the rushed nature of the shots. I had not wanted to hold up the ATWC any longer so felt i needed to get it done.

The flight....

DAAT Tamamrasset to Khartoum HSSS. 1752nm is the route length and i decided to give it a go in a C-47 with Long Range Tanks. Lots of desert and completely clear weather so an early start to add a little variation to the shots. Enjoy :eyebrow:

mh1.jpg

mh2.jpg

mh3.jpg

mh4.jpg

mh5.jpg

mh6.jpg

mh7.jpg

mh8.jpg

mh9.jpg

mh10.jpg

mh11.jpg

mh12.jpg

mh13.jpg

mh14.jpg

mh15.jpg

mh16.jpg

mh17.jpg

mh18.jpg

mh19.jpg

mh20.jpg

mh21.jpg

mh22.jpg

Reef,

Spectacular. The Gooney Bird was a gutsy choice for a flight of that distance. It's a really nice

model of the AC and your shots show it off very well. Nothing like a little drama with the fuel.

The arrival shot from the field with the heat shimmer is quite well done. The reflective textures

in a few of the shots are stunningly realistic, though I have to wonder if anyone ever polished a

military C-47 that highly. Your leg wouldn't be complete without the trademark grass we've

come to expect, and you have at least two examples, desert variety.

All in all, a very good flight leg. I enjoyed it a lot.

John

Hi Steve,

Now that was a treat! and somehow appeared perfect for this leg, I felt as though I was sat back in a comfy chair watching a movie, again :yes:

Thanks for getting us safely to Khartoum, beware of Welshmen lurking in the casbah :eyebrow:

Cheers

Nawr te, Boyce, ble mae'r Baton, eh? Oops - sorry, lapsed into the local dialect! Magic carpet treatment just right for this part of the world - and, yes, I've noticed the abundance of sand around here. BTW, loved the polish on your A/C - makes it look really special - thanks for getting the baton safely to Khartoum.

Oh yes, did you notice the Blue Nile when you came down, 'cause it's missing in FSX!!!

Cheers - Dai. :wink:

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments.

Dai, the nile was most certainly there and used as a reference point for my approach into Khartoum.

I actually enjoyed this low-tech flight more than i thought i would, especially when my LR tanks dried up and my engines started to cut out over the desert. She is a lovely freeware bird to fly and would recomend her to anyone. Some nice liveries too.

Thanks again.

steve

Panos having fun with the new emoticons I see :mrhappy:

Fantastic shots Steve, a really beautiful airplane and a brave choice for such a long leg! That's a beautiful model too, the VC looks great and those reflective textures are just something else. You've blown me away once again :wink:

Cheers,

Dave

Its my longest flight to date Dave, but i quite enjoyed it. My flight plan predicted 11 hrs 15 mins and i think i got down at around 11 hrs 35 so i guess i was late :help: I had actually planed to do it in two legs to break up the flight but in the end flew right through. Good job i can see the TV from my PC :wink:

TAP i rarely use glass for heat distortion as its a little large. I generally use Ocean Ripple on 1/1 or 2/1 settings.

Glad you enjoyed it chaps. Felt a little intimidated by the Casablanca Epic doing this flight, now that was a master piece and should recieve an award :mrhappy:

steve