Hi there!

My Laptop, where I had originally installed the FSX Acceleration, got malfunctioned and I made its internal hard drive an external one for my new laptop.

Now, when I open the FSX in my new laptop from my external drive, I get the error:

We’re sorry an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.

ERROR CODE:8-c000006

Unfortunately, I HAVE NO LONGER THE DVD and only the purchasing ID key was written down from the product.

In my case, how I could re-activate FSX from my Laptop’s external drive where is fully installed?

I mean is there any file I could edit in order my new laptop’s OS to see it fully installed in my external drive or re-install it from the FSX directory?

Thanks in advance

Hi Telios,

Welcome to our forums.

I had a similar problem and solved it by using a Microsoft Fixit program. 

Download the automated MicrosoftFixTool from the Microsoft website below

Save the tool MicrosoftFixit50176.msi on the desktop.

Double click on MicrosoftFixit50176.msi after the download is complete.

Wait for the process to be completed, reboot the system if required and then  try to activate the acceleration pack.

If that doesn't work then look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960481

Good luck.

Joe

Thanks for your advice but unfortunatelly none of the recomendations worked. I guess I have to spend 100 euros buying again the FSX Acceleration, hmm I spent so much for a new laptop and it wouldn't hurt for spending around 100 e more to have fully back my favorite sim,right? D

Hi Telios,

Welcome to our forums.

I had a similar problem and solved it by using a Microsoft Fixit program. 

Download the automated MicrosoftFixTool from the Microsoft website below

Save the tool MicrosoftFixit50176.msi on the desktop.

Double click on MicrosoftFixit50176.msi after the download is complete.

Wait for the process to be completed, reboot the system if required and then  try to activate the acceleration pack.

If that doesn't work then look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960481

Good luck.

Joe

Hi there!

Well I just have the 2DVD of FlightSimulatorX and I am trying to install it to my internal drive with the usual way: Insert DISK 1 and double click the CHECKDVD or the setup application. The installer appears the error message: 1628 Failed to Complete Installation. 

I did some troobleshooting, I run it as admin and in compatibility mode (windows xp sp3 and windows 7) but the error persists:( 

Any idea? 

Thanks

Hello Telios,

These problems can be very frustrating!

It's possible that your initial attempt to run FSX from an external drive has left some file changes in either your registry or windows system files.

Suggest that you try a system 'restore" to an earlier time before you ran FSX from the external drive & then re-install FSX.

If this does not work, read up this info on re-installing FSX :

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Finally a more drastic solution would be to re-install both windows & FSX.

Good luck,

Ray.