Getting intimate with my friend Antonov

This ol' girl just stole my heart!  I love that it does not start every time the first time, sometimes shes a little cranky and you have to give 'er a little fuel...  Now she is my go-to girl in AirHauler, 2900 lbs with full fuel ain't too shabby!

an2_zps47564595.jpg

I cant answer for the fsx version, but the real a/c haas some staggering statistics, like fuel consumpton of over 100gph on take off, and a cruise of 80mph with a tail wind, which make this plane uneconomic unless you can find 14 brave souls who want to fly in a flying museum piece. It will be interesting to see how the figures add up in AH.

Several of us in the Digital Theme Park community have bought this amazing aircraft in the last few days.  Fantastic for short field ops (which is great for us as we do a lot of bush flying in the PNW and S Alaska).

Can't recommend it highly enough (despite a couple of bugs to do with the electrical switches sometimes operating but not changing positions).  No patch yet but still early days.  Superb VC and exterior, together with realistic starting characteristics - as outlined by OP - give this aircraft so much personality.

Great looking bird, but I think I'll wait and see how the Aerosoft offering on the AN-2 turns out before I decide which one to get. Pretty nice price for this one though, Aerosofts I assume will be more expensive.

I just saw the video on their site and I thought it was great. Shows of the aircraft perfectly. The shots, cut scenes and scenery are fantastic, that guy is good. 

How do they get all that movement of the camera, is that an EzDoc thing?

Most likely using EzDoc or something similar yes (Opus Weahter Engine comes with a similar camera tool doesn't it)...

The VC shots can be done in a similar fashion in default FSX using only TrackIR or some other tracking device/software, but not the external shots I think...

Here's a shot of a RW AN-2 that I took in a (sort of) aviation/car/toy/younameit museum in Wanaka N.Z. last year

i-Zn2nCHs-M.jpg

I';d never seen one before and thought I had the perfect aircraft to fox the experts on "Guess the Aircraft". Wrong! The rascals nailed it in about twenty minutes (yes I did post the pic without the AN-2 decal). As I recall, the following shot is the one I submitted -

i-VBw5mpf-M.jpg

In all her glory - covered in bird poop! It was a crying shame the condition of the cars and aircraft in this "collection".

Looking at the picture angle, it looks like they barely fit in there with the door closed. :D

It is a shame about the condition of those sweet looking classics but a little bird poop will not stump those masters of aviation that frequent that thread. That doesn't mean I will not keep trying though. :P  It is amazing what collections can be found in garages around the world. People just love to own stuff. :)

Thanks for the picture, it was nice to see. :thum: