I use only FSX gold- dx10 and have the software installed  from Mr Steve so the preview works fine.

The only thing which doesnot work correctly is the Maam DC3.

Is there someone who has a fix for this or may be another recommendation, other then using DX9?

thanks in advanced

doeke

Hi Doeke,

Welcome to the forum, I have to say I have only tried the Maam Sim DC3 in regular FSX DX9.

I seem to remember that it was originally made for FS2002 and FS2004, the FSX update was only branded as a basic compatibility update for FSX so I am not that surprised there are problems with DX10.

The DC-2 Uiver is a superb product, have a look at that.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Kasper, I think I remember reading about some folks having trouble with it in FSX. Not everyone and it might just be one of those your rig my rig things. FSX seems to act different on some folks machines as we have all seen. I believe that the company is aware of this and will give you a refund if it does not work after having you try a couple of fixes first.

Don't really recall the details. All I can tell you for sure is I bought it, tried it and trashed it all in one session. Same with Legends of Flight - way too much trouble to sort it out so reverted to the FSX stock aircraft. I can document the LoF fiasco, I think I still have the reams of emails back and forth - all to no avail. This is a hobby, so I gave up trying to sort out the issues in the interests of finding something easier to play with.

OK, understood.

Out of the box it will not wortk correctly in FSX - you must apply the compatibility fix and another hot fix for it to work reasonably well on systems it does work on.

I can understand if it's not worth the hassle.

Cheers

Interestingly enough, the "fix" was the problem - there was no way I could d/l it and run it. Kasper was a huge help, even going so far as to introduce me to Linux in order to try to dissect the problem. In the end, the entire dynamics were a huge disappointment and I abandoned the effort.