Back to FSX, trying to get the balance right again. Pushed the boat out with Global.

Scarborough before,

SS00009_zps28d3dd2f.jpg

...and after...

SS00002_zps6c599c88.jpg

...edge of the Wolds, a very good representation

SS00001_zps2e46ad9d.jpg

Saw a couple of scathing reviews, but have to say it's a dramatic improvement for me. Yes the landclass is not 100% accurate, but what is? For a world full of quality textures it's worth it.

Nice pic's, your system sure looks good to me. Thanks for sharing. :thum:

I notice that in most of the comparison shots that are available so far, that Global seems to knock out a lot of the housing autogen and would be interested to know why that is.

. Yes the landclass is not 100% accurate, but what is? For a world full of quality textures it's worth it.

Great shots ..

I was however under the impression that FTX Global didn't have any added landclass (apart for some parts in SE Asia where the default was so bad they felt they had to do something...)

Thanks all... you're right Mikael, I took it that the LC entries were wider areas, the Europe entry only covers the Baltics. Looks like I may have changed my UK landclass as well while updating. You may be right Brett, I noticed that Keene (NH) certainly has lost some in the southern half of town, along with Lincoln in the White Mountains. I tinkered with the LC on these today and couldn't get it back (FSG USLC made a real messand didn't last long).