UT2 - traffic settings

Hi,

So if I put both airline and GA sliders to 100% in airports like east midlands it only shows GA aircraft - if I put the slide airline to 100 and GA to 20% I get lots of airlines on the ground but none in the air,

What have you guys got these set at?

Cheers.

Jim

I thought I would update - I went and bought a new schedule for UT2 as a wanted a summer time schedule (only 6 quid) - this helped with the traffic not moving :)

I have my settings on 100% jetliners and 50% GA - this gives a good mix of airliners and general.

But I am still interested if you guys want to share your settings that would be good too?

Thanks,

Jim

I have airliners at 100% and GA at 20% or so. I use UT mainly when flying airliners and this gives me lots of airliners on the ground and in the air.

I fly ga aircraft mainly in FTX PNW, Rockies and Alaska and then I do not use UT.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I've discovered at LHR is a perplexing amount of Cessna's pootling about - I fly out of there in real life quite a bit, and never seen one in real life!!

Thats because in real life they are banned from the airspace, you cannot even declare an emergency and land there in anything under 12,500 lbs

Pilots are prone to doing strange things just to get an airport in their logbook small a/c are still permitted to land at Gatwick and Stansted but the landing charge would make you wince,

On the last day it was permitted I flew into Weybridge and have a nice large rubber stamped entry to say so.

About ten years ago my partner in the parachuting had his family staying with him from Ireland when they needed to catch the flight back the M11 was closed due to an accident so they drove to Biggin and used our plane to fly to Stansted timing it so that they would arrive about 30 minutes before departure. My friend explained to atc their problem so upon landing atc had him taxy right up to the rear of the ryanscare737, shut down and unload the passengers directly onto the 737 whereupon he fired up and went back to Biggin, hows that for service?

I think its a case of trial and error - I have mine set to 100% airliners and 30% GA - I also imported some additional airlines that were not included in the default UT2 traffic. Doing so means my favourite airport EGNX now is packed with airline traffic and has few GA but when I go up into the air I find the odd cessna speckled around :)

The only bad thing I have noticed which I do not think is true to real world - because there are not enough gates for passengers it has loaded some airliner traffic into the cargo gates at the airport. 

I am going to import a cargo company like DHL or something and see if this sorts it

I don't see any Cessnas or other small GA planes at Heathrow. The smallest aircraft that I see there are KingAirs. I disabled the Learjets because UT2 spawns way too many of them, even at 0%!

I think it depends if there are scheduled flights to/from Heathrow that are Cessna's - maybe you hit your GA quota with the King Airs? 

Strange UT2 I think - I have had it where I went to an airport and it had all GA and no airliners - still I love UT2 and wouldnt fly without it.

I just added my air hauler company plane as traffic going from one of my bases at 12pm every day :) Funny seeing the traffic