PMDG Boeing 777-200LR & Freighter Released.

PMDG have released the PMDG 777-200LR/F for FSX

It is now available from the PMDG web site for $89.99

The following is a summary of the features from the PMDG web site.

Developed with technical input from Boeing and a team of real-life 777 crew and maintenance advisors, the PMDG 777-200LR/F is an extremely sophisticated simulation with nearly every function of its real-life systems modeled in high fidelity.  Both the ultra-long range 777-200LR and the 777F freighter variants powered by massive GE90-110B1 engines are included.  Numerous airline liveries and options are available for free download including all current operators of both types. 

Including and building on all of the groundbreaking features present in our PMDG 737NGX, the PMDG 777-200LR/F is also the first FSX addon to model the Electronic CheckList (ECL) system from the real airplane in exacting detail.  Watch as your Windows mouse cursor seamlessly transforms into the onscreen ECL cursor in the cockpit to allow you to interact with the system.  This system greatly aids the pilots of the real airplane and now you have it too in FSX with an extremely intuitive interface.  The PMDG 777-200LR/F raises the bar once again for immersion and interactivity. 

Product Features include:
  • PMDG Operations Center - the new PMDG Operation Center, a stand-alone application which manages livery downloads and installations, livery options settings, documentation, support and much more.  The OC also supports the PMDG Jetstream 4100 and PMDG 737NGX.  This will be updated frequently to add new features and functionality.
  • FMC - The flight management computer (FMC) contains real life 777 FMC features including Required Navigation Performance (RNP), LNAV, extremely accurate VNAV speed and altitude predictions and the full complement of scratchpad warning messages that a real crew could see.
  • Flight Model - Engine and flight modeling that is within 5% of the actual Boeing aircraft performance charts, including single-engine operations.
  • Autopilot - brand new PMDG autopilot created for the 777 that replicates the precise yet smooth feeling of the real thing. Created with hours of video taken in the real airplane and actual 777 full flight simulator flying experience.
  • Sounds - A meticulously created soundset that captures the raw power of the GE90-110B1 engines and cockpit environment. Every aspect of the engines is represented, exactly pitch matched to real life recordings made at every 10% over the engine’s power range.  Many cockpit sounds have multiple files behind them that are randomly selected to make each click sound subtly different, just like it does in the real world.  All sounds were recorded on the real airplane.
  • RAAS - Fully functional Runway Awareness and Advisory System which calls out runway names and other information.
  • User Interface - Easy to use user interface.  The aircraft’s fuel, payload and a large number of airframe and cockpit options are adjustable on the fly without ever touching the FSX menus or pausing the sim.
  • Exterior Lighting - 3D volumetric exterior lighting that lights up the FS scenery.  Improved over what was in the PMDG 737NGX.
  • Liveries - Free downloadable liveries for numerous world airlines, easily installable using the Livery Manager in our new PMDG Operations Center.
  • Documentation - Full documentation that includes the real-life 777 manuals, consisting of the Flight Crew Operating Manuals Vol. 1 & 2, the Flight Crew Training Manual and the Quick Reference Handbook.  Also included is a 163 page introduction manual specific to the simulation and a 126 page tutorial flight that includes real Jeppesen charts, with a second on the way after release.

Cheers

Andrew

You do not need to be a psychic to know this aircraft will be a winner. The price reflects all those that hyped up the 777, would have been cheaper if they all wrote in the forums " Ah just another plane, no big deal" and chewed on their carpets in private. :D  

My, that's not a cheap add-on...

Will most likely get it at some point, but I think I will be waiting until they put the first service pack out...

As I recall the NGX wasn't really stable until the third service pack....

My, that's not a cheap add-on...

Will most likely get it at some point, but I think I will be waiting until they put the first service pack out...

As I recall the NGX wasn't really stable until the third service pack....

I will second that emotion, besides their servers will be swamped over the next few days.

Bought it; installed it; printed all the docs except the FCOM. (And I've finally ordered some new carpet, Brett).   ;)

> ...not a cheap add-on...

True: $89.99 is £57.85, €68.20, or AUD $99.68 at today's prices. On the other hand, it's better than paying $300m for the real thing (I wouldn't know where to park it, anyway). And you are getting a "Boeing Officially Licensed Product" for your money, something that not too many other add-on manufacturers can lay claim to.  :D  

> besides their servers will be swamped over the next few days....

Not so, in fact — it took me less than two minutes to download all 778Mb of it. (To my surprise, I have to say).  :P

A few highlights for the benefit of those whose who are still feigning indifference to PMDG's latest and greatest (go on, give in, you know you want to....):

The "Operations Center" is cool: it handles all the liveries (I downloaded a couple, just for now, as well as the paint kits for something to do the next time I lose my internet connection), notifies you of any orphaned textures it finds and removes them on request, checks for updates and intelligently installs only the bits that need to be changed, and allows easier interaction with PMDG Support if needed by sending them a picture of your setup and/or receiving a specially-tailored file from them to replace certain elements. It does this for the NGX, too. (I don't know about other PMDG aircraft, I haven't got my J41 or MD-11 installed since I work on just two or three aircraft at a time).

The "Introduction and Use" pdf is, as was the NGX equivalent, an essential must-read. The main mantra being — "This is not the NGX on steroids. This is a completely new and different airplane." There's no Contents page or Index, unfortunately, but the text is all excellent stuff, FYI discussing in depth (inter alia):

• Auto Time Compression
  • Auto Step Climb feature
  • Some standard recommendations about fsx tweaks, and in-game settings (pp16-20).
  • A whole section on VAS management (pp21-23), and fsx management (pp24-25).
  • A section for FSUIPC users (pp27-28) (the same FSUIPC recommendation as with the NGX, which I ignored and will probably continue to do so)
  • "The first tutorial will start you in a powered-up and ready-to-go 777-200LR at VRRM – Malé". ( <*cough*> I think they mean VRMM, but hey....).
  • A longish section on differences from the NGX and useful things to know (pp36-44).
  • Clickspots (pp55-59).
  • Customising your 777 experience (pp60-94). Note especially the section on saving and loading (pp64-65)
  • Failures and maintenance (pp95-111)
  • FS Actions (pp112-122). "From the FS ACTIONS menu you can adjust the FUEL, PAYLOAD, DOORS, PUSHBACK, GROUND CONNECTIONS, GROUND OPERATIONS, GROUND MAINTENANCE, CABIN LIGHTS and AUTO CRUISE functionality."
  • "Getting the most" section (pp123-130)
  • Simulator Limitations section pp131-133
  • "Details and Quirks", pp 134-140. (Fascinating stuff about how they mimic some of the quirks of the real aircraft).
  • PMDG Operations Center section pp141-163

I haven't looked at the Tutorial yet (it's a flight from the Maldives to Dubai, so I'm off to plan my flight in PFPX and then go vlying. (That's virtual flying, just to make things clear).   ;)

As the saying goes, "I may be some time....."   :rolleyes:    If I haven't posted in a fortnight, consider me lost.

Cheers,

Brian

Bought it; installed it; printed all the docs except the FCOM. (And I've finally ordered some new carpet, Brett).   ;)

> ...not a cheap add-on...

True: $89.99 is £57.85, €68.20, or AUD $99.68 at today's prices. On the other hand, it's better than paying $300m for the real thing (I wouldn't know where to park it, anyway). And you are getting a "Boeing Officially Licensed Product" for your money, something that not too many other add-on manufacturers can lay claim to.  :D  

> besides their servers will be swamped over the next few days....

Not so, in fact — it took me less than two minutes to download all 778Mb of it. (To my surprise, I have to say).  :P

A few highlights for the benefit of those whose who are still feigning indifference to PMDG's latest and greatest (go on, give in, you know you want to....):

The "Operations Center" is cool: it handles all the liveries (I downloaded a couple, just for now, as well as the paint kits for something to do the next time I lose my internet connection), notifies you of any orphaned textures it finds and removes them on request, checks for updates and intelligently installs only the bits that need to be changed, and allows easier interaction with PMDG Support if needed by sending them a picture of your setup and/or receiving a specially-tailored file from them to replace certain elements. It does this for the NGX, too. (I don't know about other PMDG aircraft, I haven't got my J41 or MD-11 installed since I work on just two or three aircraft at a time).

The "Introduction and Use" pdf is, as was the NGX equivalent, an essential must-read. The main mantra being — "This is not the NGX on steroids. This is a completely new and different airplane." There's no Contents page or Index, unfortunately, but the text is all excellent stuff, FYI discussing in depth (inter alia):

• Auto Time Compression
  • Auto Step Climb feature
  • Some standard recommendations about fsx tweaks, and in-game settings (pp16-20).
  • A whole section on VAS management (pp21-23), and fsx management (pp24-25).
  • A section for FSUIPC users (pp27-28) (the same FSUIPC recommendation as with the NGX, which I ignored and will probably continue to do so)
  • "The first tutorial will start you in a powered-up and ready-to-go 777-200LR at VRRM – Malé". ( <*cough*> I think they mean VRMM, but hey....).
  • A longish section on differences from the NGX and useful things to know (pp36-44).
  • Clickspots (pp55-59).
  • Customising your 777 experience (pp60-94). Note especially the section on saving and loading (pp64-65)
  • Failures and maintenance (pp95-111)
  • FS Actions (pp112-122). "From the FS ACTIONS menu you can adjust the FUEL, PAYLOAD, DOORS, PUSHBACK, GROUND CONNECTIONS, GROUND OPERATIONS, GROUND MAINTENANCE, CABIN LIGHTS and AUTO CRUISE functionality."
  • "Getting the most" section (pp123-130)
  • Simulator Limitations section pp131-133
  • "Details and Quirks", pp 134-140. (Fascinating stuff about how they mimic some of the quirks of the real aircraft).
  • PMDG Operations Center section pp141-163

I haven't looked at the Tutorial yet (it's a flight from the Maldives to Dubai, so I'm off to plan my flight in PFPX and then go vlying. (That's virtual flying, just to make things clear).   ;)

As the saying goes, "I may be some time....."   :rolleyes:    If I haven't posted in a fortnight, consider me lost.

Cheers,

Brian

Congratulations Brian, would love to see some screenshot's?

Thanks Brian. I made that up all by myself between EBBR & EGLC. I hope you're having fun. :thum:

Edit.

The pilots' name is Brian,

I'm not sure which is worse,

His rather erratic flyin,

Or his mild attempts at verse.

All the Best,

May I draw to your attention another very good video by Nick (who did an excellent job on the NGX)

he does a very commendable manual hold and ILS into east midlands

well worth watching or downloading for reference

This is far better than the rubbish on the pmdg site , where i was falling asleep before he got airborne

because of my pathetic internet speed , i use ytd to download my you tube vids so that i can watch them over and over

Nicks departure and hold to an ILS is good practice in any a/c just download the approach plates and have a go. you dont need a 777 or even a 737.

That vid inspired me to jump into a 767 (ok, FLite :th_blush: ) and start from cold and dark and fly EGKK to EBBR using approach plates. Glad to see that planes are usually 'warmed up' before the pilot arrives in the cockpit. Now I don't feel so guilty about starting on the active runway due to time constraints. 

I think this thread will be pretty quiet as them that have the 777 are busy getting to grips with it.