Opus Software announce release of OpusFSX version 3.34.

Opus Software is proud to announce the release of OpusFSX version 3.34.

Version 3.34 is available free of charge to all our existing customers. This latest release includes many exciting improvements and additions.

The Site Effects feature introduces turbulence and wind shear within 80 km of your destination airfield based on local features such as terrain or even obstacles and buildings on approach. British sites with some well known International airports are included as standard, currently 59 sites are provided. You can also configure your own customised site effects.

General DHM Options have been added allow general DHM and associated 'Bump Aircraft' turbulence to be enabled for VC view modes, 2D view modes, and other general view modes without needing the Live Camera interface to set up camera views.

Live Camera Control enables you to make adjustments to the current eye point for any VC, 2D, or Custom view using either 6-axis GamePad controllers, the arrow keys within the LCC dialog, or any assigned joystick buttons or key sequences specified via the Shortcuts dialog. This is very useful for making seat adjustments, roaming about the cockpit, or flying or walking around the aircraft.

A Set Camera feature is included with Live Camera Control (LCC) so that you can make temporary adjustments to views. This is useful to overcome the FSX bug which shifts the camera view slightly at different locations in the world.

The PMDG 777 upper wind and temperature wx file is now be created automatically when you activate your flight plan. Select WIND DATA REQUEST on the WIND page in the 777 and it will automatically load these values into the FMC. The LWE now accommodates systems running at increased simulation rates (requires the free version of FSUIPC4).

Further anti wind shift measures have been included within the Sim Friendly GRIB Data processing and we have also improved interpolation of surface visibilty.

The OpusFSX client is now compatible with 3rd party packages such as WideView and WideTraffic.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

Do you know - I have had Opus for some time now and I have never explored any of it's features other than using it as a weather engine :) I suppose I should take a look at these features at some point lol

Thanks for the heads up Joe

• 1 month later...

It's an awesome piece of software with a steep learning curve for me... Indeed, it has tons of features doing smth behind the scenes and a regular user like me uses it as a weather engine only. I'm completely immersed somewhere in Norway now  to tackle DHM and Live Camera options, maybe in the future... :)

I use EZDok for my camera actions - so never used that. I have used it as a weather engine only for the whole time I have had it using live real-time weather only. But over the past few days I have been looking into its import METAR data file functionality and wow it is a powerful tool indeed. 

Victor I see you have the A2A 172 - well I recently imported a METAR file with a temperature of -37C and kicked into the 172; it did not like it at all without the engine heater switched on :)

You can also tweak wind, rain, snow, height of clouds, visibility etc etc as long as you know what all the information means in the METAR file. Plenty of tutorials on the web that explans such definitions and only takes 10mins to learn.

I had really bad weather too where it was raining, lots of fast wind, low clouds, visibility set to something stupid like 500 meters :) I was 1500 feet off the ground and could not see the ground lol. Scary stuff! 

Jim, thanks for your tips and support! I'll definitely try METAR import functionality in my C172 Trainer over the Norwegian skies... :)

Well, it's one of my favourite airplanes now along with B60 Duke and An-2 - a top notch birdie on the edge of reality and simulation after so many years in flightsim and bush flyers' community scarcely populated with good quality "PMDGs of general aviation", if you know what I mean... ;)

I know what you mean - there are very few GA addons out there that go to the lengths of A2A with Accusim and PMDG levels. There is another GA plane call Lancair legacy by RealAir - apparently it is a super plane but I do not have it. 

I also have the B60 Duke and like you I really enjoy flying that one too - I do not own the V2 upgrade though - that is supposed to make it a lot more realistic and better textures etc etc. Maybe one day I will purchase the £15 upgrade ;)

The 172 is by far my favourite GA aircraft - the whole walkaround and flying physics are just immense - the walkaround actually has a purpose for a change because if you don't it can have some serious consequences.

Just so you know how to import follow these steps...

1. Create a txt file and in there paste this one line at the top...  GLOB 000000Z 27008KT 7000 OVC004 03/02 Q1003

2. Start a flight in FSX

3. Open Opus

4. Click 'Weather' and you will see a box in top right saying something like 'Import METAR file' - tick this box

5. Browse to your file you created

6. Click the 'Update Weather' button

7. Go back into FSX and check the weather has been updated

NOTE: Leave the Live Weather Engine checkbox in the config of Opus checked

From the above line of METAR - this is what it means...

GLOB - Global location, this is normally a station or airport e.g. EGNX but for imports you have a global import option

000000Z - This is the day of the month and time - for Opus imports it is ignored so set all to 0's

27008KT - Wind direction and speed 270 at 8 knots

7000 - Visibility is at 7000 meters

OVC004 - Overcast layer at 400 feet

03 - Temperature is 3 degrees C

02 - Dew temp is at 2 degrees C

Q1003 - Baro setting

Hope this is of some help

Jim