B60 Duke V2

Hi, 

I have the B60 duke and considering purchasing the V2 upgrade - can someone please advise if the upgrade is worth it or not?

From their site they sell it well but I want an actual users perspective on the matter - how different is this upgrade apart from the shiny new liveries?

Thanks,

Jim

As I said in your Legacy topic I just got the V2 of the Duke.

I'll get back to you once I have tried it out...

Cool thanks - I really would like an opinion from a user. I have looked at some videos on youtube and they all seem to go into how good the B60 is but don't actually say any differences between the two versions. 

Things that you would notice just by flying the duke; I know there are some really nice external and internal liveries (especially like the wood cockpit) but other features/differences are never mentioned. 

I think it would be hard to improve on such a good plane V1 - it's going to be interesting to see how different it is. 

Oh wow - what a difference it has made - the plane details are worthy of the 20 quid extra alone. I have taken screens but have not got time to upload tonight.. My opinion - well worth the 20 quid :)

Liked it too, even though I only had time for a very short test flight last night..  well worth the cost, even though it was a slight bummer they added VAT to the price advertised on the website....

Liked it too, even though I only had time for a very short test flight last night..  well worth the cost, even though it was a slight bummer they added VAT to the price advertised on the website....

Agreed on that - I was expecting a nice £15 purchase but then boom actual cost £18 something.

I always get hit with that trick over at pcaviator too - it's like; look that's cheap I am getting it - oh no what is this it is actually £3 more expensive :)

Still worth the upgrade though.

I did some zoom shots of the cockpit dials and the finger marks and dust is pretty impressive.

Ah yes... I still have to watch that one...

Funniest thing about that video is the fact that after he installed it he missed the fact that it was only the Piston version that was updated, but did all the flying in the turbine version...

Good thing he spotted his mistake in time  ;)

Yeah I spotted that video prior to buying but still he did not go into the actual differences - it would be good if the people that create these make half a video showing version 1 and then rest as version 2 and explaining the comparison. Oh well!

It made me laugh that he did not realise he was version 1 for a while - I bet when he realised he just thought OMG how did I miss this lol. 

As soon as I loaded the new version it was an obvious improvement in the cockpit and external views - the cockpits also have different colours too so thats a key thing to spot too.

If you zoom in close to the cockpit dials/text in version 1 the text gets blurred and pixelated - in version 2 you can zoom until your face goes through the cockpit and it remains sharp all the way :)

The tyres on the new model are fantastic - actually look like real wheels for a change.

Windows in the external model are slightly dirty and worn - looks great!

The starting of the engines making the plane shake in the VC - very similar to the Lancair wobble we are all now familiar with ;) Including the dial pins having a slight wobble independently to the dial itself - wonderful effect!

Need I go on? Anyone that has version 1 - I would recommend 100% to get the upgrade it has brought the B60 back to life.

Jim 

Just spotted something we rarely see these days..

fly the V2 in raining conditions and there are water drops hitting the wind screen and then progress up/back across it...  

And it looks much better than any attempt at that I've seen before...

Just spotted something we rarely see these days..

fly the V2 in raining conditions and there are water drops hitting the wind screen and then progress up/back across it...  

And it looks much better than any attempt at that I've seen before...

Woo I need to try it! LOL