A2A 172 repaint Red, Cream & Chrome

Fresh new repaint finished today - Took a few hours but it is finally done :) The inspiration came from the following postcard and I based my design around that with some slight differences.

10qas2e.jpg

346vy84.jpg

2duilqh.jpg

ekqdd0.jpg

2hdw20p.jpg

16bkfth.jpg

beeq12.jpg

vhucd0.jpg

2n04q3r.jpg

Unfortunately not just yet - every time I look at this thread and these screens I notice that the number alignment is not 100% and could do with raising a little. Also the Cessna logo on the tail needs making smaller and re positioning slightly. 

As soon as I have done this I will upload I think but due to the size of my last paint it will have to go on a different site - but I will definitely be uploading. 

When I have a link I will post it here buddy - thanks for the interest :)

Now the cockpit looks like a real freight-dog machine... :thum:

It's kind of my signature tune with this plane so kept it. If when I upload and you don't want this cockpit you can simply copy the default texture into the folder.

I might include the instructions to do this in the upload.

Its the same car as in my inspiration photo :) chevvy c1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know I actualy forgot to upload it - thanks for reminding me mate! The link is here...

http://ulozto.net/xLiFPmQT/jd29-chrome-a2a-172-zip

Unfortunately it is 10MB too big to fit in Mutleys File Library so I have to use that site - don't worry you dont have to sign up or click ads ect its free. Just simply click the box/zip icon and then put in the text :)

Cheers

Jim

Hey Jim,

You made my day, you know... It's stunning and a perfect fit for my beauty. Taking her on a short FSE flight to Missoula, MT tonight - 3 dudes are waiting for me on the ramp at Kalispell now ... :)

Thank you very much!!!

Hey Jim,

You made my day, you know... It's stunning and a perfect fit for my beauty. Taking her on a short FSE flight to Missoula, MT tonight - 3 dudes are waiting for me on the ramp at Kalispell now ... :)

Thank you very much!!!

Thank you for the kind words mate! There is a small fault that I found that one day may fix but its not huge so I can live with it for now!

I'm glad you like it please feel free to post some screens of your flight :)

Hi Jim, I love this livery.

Unfortunately it is 10MB too big to fit in Mutleys File Library\

Jim, would you like me to upload to our library?

Cheers,

Joe

You know Joe that would be great - I have had some interest on the A2A forums and someone was having issues with the download location so having it here would be ideal mate

Cheers

Jim

Ooooohhhh... that is an old school straight tail 172, they are a lot farther off the ground and the panel surround is different.  You did a nice job transitioning the paint to the more streamlined shape of the new "body style" 172

Thanks - I just liked the styling and gave me the idea - I could have dragged out the rear cream section a little further but left it how it is. Swings and Roundabouts ;)