Show us your FS setups (Post here)

Apologies guys for taking so long to post my setup.
Here is what I am using at the moment.

From the rear. I am using a recycled seat from a SAAB. Kindly donated by Jess. Many thanks.
b9b8408dbd6a5c542835699338b3e293.jpg

I built the base of my seat out of 3/4" mdf and used my router to give more depth to the sides.

I had to build the notched handles on each side, to use for reclining the seat, as it was originally an electrically operated seat.

I then put a drawer in the back, which houses most of my flight sim dvds.

The seat is fully moveable from back to front and it runs on two heavy duty ball bearing drawer runners.

So I can move the seat back once I've finished flying.

And my panel.

Which I'm hoping to upgrade, later this year, by re-placing all the instrumentation, giving me more room for switches etc.

I am going to remove all the gaps between the instruments and tighten the whole look of it.

This should then leave me room for some more Saitek FIPs.
MySetup1.jpg

The more astute members will notice, I'm flying but I hadn't set my instruments in their correct places. I assure you, I do normally. :whis:

And links to my GPS panel build.

Initial build.
http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/1510-how-to-build-a-gps-panel-for-use-in-fsx/

Version 2.
http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/1829-gps-panel-rebuild/

Cheers :thum:

• Like 3

Nice set up,

may I ask why you didnt mount the artificial horizon in the middle above the HSI? as it would be easier to take in the info when performing a scan on instruments

@Richard, Thanks for your comments. I tend to only fly either single or twin engine GA and I map both engines to the single Saitek TPM. I know its not strictly true but it works for me.

@Nigel,  :faint:

Great looking setup Brian, and that seat looks very comfortable... if I had one of those I'd never get up after a FSX session  ;)

Nice touch with the Forum Logo on the MIPs in the first shot too, I assume that's not the default state  ;)

I'll see if I can get a photo of my setup posted too... but it's no where near as sophisticated as some of the stuff on show here.. 

Like Joe my FSX computer is also used for other stuff (and by other family members), so I need to be able to remove everything in an easy manner.

Sim update.

I purchased the VrInsight MCP Combo 2 at the Weston Flight Sim Show.  So will have to learn how to program LINDA.

Have gone back to triple screens on the main, but still have ultra-wide on the second:

GrZRs.jpg

Using a Lenova tablet with Sim Avionics added for the FMC

7cqu1.jpg

:thum:

Hi John!

(Apologies for the delay in replying, but life has been manic around here for the last couple of weeks).    :huh:

It's not expensive when you factor in not having to buy any more Navigraph charts: I reckon mine paid for itself in about a year on that basis alone.   :P    And once you've seen it in action helping you to select your STAR and Approach, you'll wonder how you ever did without it. (That's probably why Urs gives you a generous 30 days to evaluate it — he knows you'll be hooked after that, so be warned.....).

Just my 2ȼ (or the equivalent in local currency).   ^_^

Cheers,

Bruce/Brian

I completely agree with Brian. I just downloaded EFB last week and I LOVE it!!  As for the price, it's really not out of line once you see everything it gives you.  I can't imagine flying without it.  You can pay the same or more for a high quality add-on such as PMDG 777 and with EFB you can use it for any flight and any aircraft so you will use it each and every time that you fly. I have mine running on a networked laptop and you can try for 30 days before you buy so download for yourself and check it out.  You will not be disappointed.

@James,

Great to see the MCP incorporated into your build. I am thinking of re-instating my 3 screens.

PS thanks for the advert!

Joe, I have to be honest and tell you I have again ditched the triple's and gone again back to the ultrawide.

The reason being I could not accept the stretching on the outer screens. Never really noticed it the first time around, but the widies spoil you..

@ Mickael .. I recognise that trim wheel!

Ah yes, as you should..  From what I understood it gets a lot more usage now than it did with you  ;)

To bad I can't get it to work in the PMDG 737...  regardless of the way I move it it induces up pitch trim in the sim  :(

Thanks for a good deal on it  ;)