Thanks to Steph (himinx) I have turned my thoughts to what flight sim pressie I would like for Crimbo.  :D

When in Lelystad I fell in love with the set up Saitek were using to show off their wares, I fancy one of these..   http://www.volairsim.com/ so comfortable for flying, it's just a shame I don't have the space :-( 

What are you wishing for?

Nice setup and not to bad of a price considering what a Saitek yoke/pedal/throttle set costs. I have added it to my virtual stocking. :D

As far as my real stocking, Dear Santa, I have been good all year and would like Instant Object Studio, OpusFSX, ORBX openLC/Vector and a bunch of their other stuff. Oh and peace on earth. :D  

Dear Santa

I'z have been a good boy and not cheeked the neighbours for 2 weeks, although I still take my Great-great-great-great-grand Mother out in her box pram and do not cheek the Pastor on the steps of the local pub when he is swaying praying.

So if you think eyez been good, one of these please.. 

tKGm.jpg

:hat:  :pilotic:

Nice choice Paul, Hunter and Q400, quite a difference, you must be very versatile !

The Hunter has been a favourite aircraft of mine for a long time. The Q400, I fly on it almost every year so it will be interesting to see how she works.

Snap! Flybe at Southampton use it on 80% of their routes, I must fly on it at least 3 times a year and having purchased the MJC Q400, it would be at the top of my list of recommendations. you will not be disappointed :thum:  

Just yesterday I won a TrackIr 5 on ebay...got that stocking stuffer out of the way.

I'd love a third monitor that fits between mh 21.5 LD ips224s...something about 17" wide (I live on a sailboat, and that is the MAX space I can fit between my two leds) and same vertical dimension and resolution...which probably won't exist (are there any Square Panel flat screens with 1080p vertical??? Perhaps something industrial/medical???) :(  An actual "Cockpit simulator" set up is completely out of the question..lol).

My two monitors are set up on a Ergotron adjustable dual arm stand...LOVE it...and there is no way for the monitors to fall over...priceless.

Other than that, I'm pretty set and happy with a CH Yoke and Pedel set, and a new middle of the road Gaming Desktop which works far better than my 5 year old 17" gaming laptop thus far.

Perhaps a graphic card upgrade down the road, perhaps by Chrismas? Already doubled the RAM to 16Gigs.

Maybe a couple more Carenado planes...god those are pretty as heck. The Caravan/cargomaster is my favorite plane in my hangar...the go to bird for anything with a dodgy landing.

Happy holidays all.

Coff.

Edit: Wow...there ARE possibly suitable monitors out there..LG even makes one. I just might have found my #1 Xmas list item :D...now...how the heck will I mount a third monitor with a dual arm mount...doh.

What I want for Christmas for my fs rig is one of these:-

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/lg-s-55-curved-oled-tv-goes-on-sale-for-8k-1183920

Better make it two as it would be better than my current tv.

More realistically,

Orbx Vectors

Orbx Scotland and N. Ireland

MilViz Sabre

and......

two Saitek instrument Panels

.....ok two is pushing it a bit.

:hat: ...how much this is???????     looks greattttttt

Dear Santa

I'z have been a good boy and not cheeked the neighbours for 2 weeks, although I still take my Great-great-great-great-grand Mother out in her box pram and do not cheek the Pastor on the steps of the local pub when he is swaying praying.

So if you think eyez been good, one of these please.. 

tKGm.jpg

:hat:  :pilotic:

I'm a simple man with modest needs...

P3D Version 2 Academic Version

OK, not FS, but a new handgun, maybe, this time concealable. The 1911 is magnificent but hard to hide if you aren't carrying a backpack.

John

OK, not FS, but a new handgun, maybe, this time concealable. The 1911 is magnificent but hard to hide if you aren't carrying a backpack.

John

The 1911 I have found is best in a shoulder holster but they can get uncomfortable. I have been looking into 38 Specials, maybe a S&W 637 Airweight or the Ruger LCR although I'm not to sure about it's multi-compound construction. The S&W 642 is a great carry gun too with a long history. The 640 is good if your a big bullet fan but just adds that much more weight. Decisions, decisions. :D  

Brett, the OrbX Wales you suggest is the DVD version - postage might be a problem, unless Santa can deliver, personally!

As for guns, you daren't carry a broom handle in the U.K. without the risk of being arrested, or worst, shot, by the police, so I guess I'll have to settle for:

Please (Mrs) Santa, may I have a new MoBo with an i7 and 12G and, pretty please, a nice 560. I promise I'll be good...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Thanks folks, realized the DVD problem when I went to pick up a few for myself. I prefer the downloads so I passed, some people would rather have a hard copy but it's not worth the shipping costs in my book. 

With all downloaded payware, I burn the downloaded zip file and pdf copies of the purchase screens, invoices, confirmation e-mails, unlock codes, etc. to a CD of DVD and label it. In 99% of cases I can re-install from that. If I do need vendor support, I have all the purchase details in one easy to find place to help convince them I'm a bona fide customer.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Right well.. here is my updated stocking.. It's changed a bit.

Uiver DC-2(still thinking about it..)

Orbx Wales

Orbx England

Orbx Scotland

Other things not FS related..

15x70 Celestron Binoculars 

A tripod.

There isn't much that I want as I am really happy with my setup ,  I have paired down my hangar and binned lots of a/c, perhaps a 27" 100hz monitor wouldn't be sneezed at or perhaps a 2tb SSD , if anyone makes such a thing, aerosoft has a few interesting airports in the pipeline but nothing ready for xmas, likewise some photoscenery of Italy or Greece would make a welcome addition. The only thing I may buy is either the quality wings 757 or 146, I kind of fancy the 146 so shall aim swmbo at it. The only small plane I want is a piper aztec and so far no-one really makes a good 'un , I really regret selling our aztec it was so gentle to fly yet out performed many other a/c with flashier names and prices.