Map of ATWC5 .....So Far!

For a map of the ATWC 5 sections published so far and the batons progress: please see below:-

Known destinations are all marked and the progress of the black line is where we are at.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

:icon_goodpost:

Thanks John that is a really interesting map, works fine on Chrome here.

Looks like we are almost on the home straight!

BTW.It looks ossum in full screen  :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Works fine for me Brett.. at least in Chrome.. using IE at work today and I couldn't see a thing though... not even the map...

And on the Iphone I saw the map, but no markers....

Very nice John...

Sadly the map won't load in Google Chrome so I had to switch over to IE   ;)

Works fine for me Brett.. at least in Chrome.. using IE at work today and I couldn't see a thing though... not even the map...

And on the Iphone I saw the map, but no markers....

The browser world has gone mad. :D

Well, IE11 appears to be a no go...

I get an error message saying "This content can't be displayed in a frame" if I translate it roughly from Swedish.

There's also something about the publisher protecting the information by not allowing to be displayed in a frame, so I guess it might be something Google have done.....

Google and Microsoft are not the best of buddies.

IE contains a fair amount of bespoke code. As such it is not compliant with HTML standards.  Most browsers have some divergence from W3C these days but MS IE has always been the worst.

In the old days most folks used IE ad it was part of Windows allowing MS to take liberties, and despite its standards divergence, most people coded for it as it had most of the market.

Now the situation is very different. W3C now has switched to maintaining XML standards. Standards in processing html seem very lax. The result is a nightmare for web developers as most sights have to recognize the browser being used to work properly on all pages. However this is made difficult by the browser and plugin producers as they are commercial competitors and want you to use their products. Hence Google Maps works better in Google Chrome than any other browser.

As a commercial software producer, my company will build websites for browsers specified by the customer. Cost of this is tied to the number of supported browsers, by both development and testing effort required.      

Map updated with section 7 destinations and the touch and go airfields for the final leg.

The EGTF Fairoaks to EGTD Dunsfold leg goes directly over my house!!! 

• 1 month later...