Leg 50 VTBD to VOPB

Well guys, John has left me with the Baton and the holy credit card which, I might add, is at rock bottom after the fun he just had.

He's left hardly any funds available, needless to say, my leg is going to be a quick hop from Bangkok to Veer Savarkar International (Port Blair), by calling in one of my last favours from a good friend, who just happened to be in Bangkok on some sort of cultural fact finding busmans holiday.

So without further ado, I collected the sacred Baton from customer services at the vip lounge, because I'd heard John was non too pleased at me arriving slightly behind schedule, so he and his new chums had gone off to see the sights. Or if I tell the truth, they had gone to a show to watch the beautiful lady boys of Bangkok. :whis:  ;)  ;)

I really believe that John had actually used more than his quota on the credit card and was too ashamed to face me, knowing I was going to need an aircraft to get the Baton to Port Blair. Oh well, I'll just get on with it.

As my friend brings in his Baron B58 for me to use, he takes a very low fly past, to assure me of his imminent arrival.

01Arrival.jpg

No sooner is he down, I get permission to line up for takeoff clearance.

01-2.jpg

There are scattered clouds about, but in general, it's a fine day for a short-ish flight over the water. Before I knew it, I was tuning away from Bangkok and heading for my first waypoint.

02-2.jpg

There is quite a fair bit of fluffy stuff about, so I may need to think about climbing up over it, if needs be.

04-3.jpg

No need to worry unduly, there seems to be plenty of holes for me to climb or descend through.

05-3.jpg

No worries at all, the weather is fairly settled and it's turning out to be a non lumpy flight. Which is a good thing for me, as I have spent all I am allotted on the Mutley's Hangar plastic friend, so I don't need any dramas.

06-3.jpg

Just as I start to wonder if John and his new red pals had managed to get out of the Bangkok nightclub safely, I find myself at my first waypoint and turn towards the west.

07-2.jpg

The sun now at my 7-8oclock, I'm well on my way.

08-4.jpg

I now have to make a conscious decision to start a climb. The fluffy stuff is building as I near the coast.

09-2.jpg

The Baron is a lovely aircraft to fly. She is so stable.

10-4.jpg

I should soon be at my next waypoint, which is Dawei airport.

11-5.jpg

Well it's done there, trust me. The cloud is definitely getting thicker.

15-3.jpg

What a fright! A flock of birds that look big enough to be birds of prey. I certainly don't need one of those, being chewed up by one or both of my engines.

16-4.jpg

I decided to climb a little more and guess what, they decide to copy me. I now find I'm flying straight at them.

17-2.jpg

I know the Boss won't be happy if I have engine problems with this aircraft. There are just not enough funds in the bank, to have to worry about a bird splattered engine or two.

But my fears were unfounded and was soon at the coast and Sam the eagle and his friends had thought better of picking a fight with my props.

18-3.jpg

The sea has a beautiful colour to it in these parts. Definitely not Blackpool.

19-1.jpg

Now the cloud base has lifted I can loose a bit of altitude and enjoy the view, for the rest of the short flight.

22.jpg

Not long and I find I'm turning on to final approach.

23.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a textbook landing but, the guys that know me, know that the game is not over yet.

24.jpg

Right on the numbers! The Baton is once again on terra firma and I will shortly be handing it over to Jess. I just hope she is here and not sunning herself on one of the local beaches. I need to hand over the Baton and get the aircraft back to it's owner who is waiting back in Bangkok.

25.jpg

Parked up and I put the Baron into a cold, dark state, as I need to go and find Jess. There are no other aircraft here that I can see, so I'm hoping she has something hiding in one of the hangars.

26ColdandDark.jpg

I leave the doors open to get some fresh air inside and head off to find Jess.

28Destinationachieved.jpg

I pop the nose cargo bay and check the Baton got here safely. Why I worry so much about the Baton, I don't know. It's the most sturdy, well built baton there is. Anyway, fears averted, the baton is safe and waiting for Jess. Along with the credit card, which won't be much use to Jess, because I intend having a bite to eat and a couple of well earned beers, on the strength of it, before I hand it over.

27.jpg

Good luck Jess. The baton and the card are waiting at customer, when you get here.

Good job Brian..

Some real stunning screenshots in there, and judging by what your weather looks like I think I need to part with some cash and get that new version of Active Sky...

What version of the Baron is that by the way? The Carenado version??

Now go and enjoy your dinner and beer(s) and hope for deteriorating weather in Vienna so Jess can come pick up the Baton  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Micke. It is indeed the Carenado version.

Also ASNext is very nice as you could see.

Beer call is on, so let's see if Jess has to work, or can she get to Port Blair and pick up the baton.

Well done Captain Bunsen!

You made a great job of the flight with no damage to the aircraft!  :faint:

I'm already at Columbo waiting for Jess, time for some Tuk-Tuk racing  :D

• Like 1

Nice PIREP Brian.  Sorry the Baton had to be picked up in that way. Nothing to do with Thai "entertainment", but rather to do with distancing myself from that huge weight of debt!

In fact, I am surprised the little Barron could lift it!!!!! :D

• Like 1

Cheers guys.

@Geoff, the scenery is FTX Global and Active Sky Next.

@John, the burden of weight is upon you my friend. Did Joe not mention to you that we have to pick up half the tab, before the end of month credit card payments?

Happy saving. :D

@Joe, I was very tempted to put some pics up of me, in a kilt, in a tuk tuk and some of me at a lady boys show, but I was conscious of the time and how long it would take me to edit the pics. I was a day late with my pirep as it turned out, so I didn't want to push my luck with the giant Swedish guy. :D

Great set of pic's and PIREP Brian. :thum: Beers were well deserved. :)

ASN looks fantastic but those airports couldn't have been FTX, they were pretty nice looking.

• Like 1

Ah! You've hit the nail on the head Brett. The two (and only two) pictures that you may be alluding to, are of Port Blair airport I believe.

I took a screenshot of my aircraft parked at PB then took an image off the web, of the real world airport and simply cut and pasted my aircraft onto it. Very time consuming but it seems to have done the trick.

The other is maybe the first shot. Here again I superimposed my aircraft, or just the wing, onto Bangkok airport.

There, you found me out.

Well done and glad you liked them.