My new rebuild is nearing completion

My new, and hopefully last rebuild is nearing completion.

jgsetup04.JPG

What you can see is: PC 1 running Just flights new Canberra with pullout control on the right hand screen along with two pullout Canberra windows and OpusFX for weather and views (I have ditched EZDOK in favour of this as it supplies real time weather, view set up, TrackIR support and is far more reliable than EZDOK). on the left hand screen are several more Canberra pull outs.

jgsetup02.JPG

PC2 outputs to the two higher screens and is running Radar Contact and Plan-G

jgsetup03.JPG

My panels are Saitek, a Samsung 7 inch tablet running Flight Connect FSX which can be used as instruments as in the photo, or as a moving map. I like this as a 7" tablet cost around £120 for 6 instruments or a moving map, each Saitek instrument cost about £100.  as they say over the other side of the pond; "do the math".  The remainder of the switches are home made and cover almost every FSX command and Radar Contact command you can think of. This is the only part not working yet, all the wiring is done, all i need to do is the programming and testing.

Very nice but for the price!  It is over spec'ed for me as well, although I am thinking of a chair improvement or two 

I don't want the screen supports as I like my 42" screen, or the keyboard stands.  A right hand side platform and a removable between the leg platform would be good for military throttle and joystick, also an adjustable peddle support would be nice.

I had thought of making my own, but don't have access to welding gear which I would need to convert my existing chair. 

• Like 1

Really impressive work you have installed there John. :thum:  Looks like everything is in a comfortable position for viewing and touch. I like how you used painted PVC piping to attach everything too. Even my wifey, who really is not interested in FS much, was impressed. I think the only thing missing is an official Mutley's coffee mug. ;) Enjoy your new flying world John, you deserve it. :)

(I also showed her Chris's linked FS platform and at first she thought it was a sex chair. :D )

• Like 1

Jeez John that is some impressive setup there. your arms must be flying about like a madman, mine are busy enough with a joystick, throttle, keyboard and mouse.

Nice work. :thum: