Quick poll on what MS sim you use

Which MS sim do you regularly use?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which MS sim do you regularly use?

• FS9 (2004) only
    • FSX only
    • FSX and P3D
    • P3D only
    • FS9 and FSX
    • FS9, FSX and P3D

Just wondering, is P3D just an upgraded FSX, wouldn't there be a file somewhere in FSX that holds your keycommands, along with other settings, that could then be 'dropped in' to P3D.

Apart from the aircraft I have Ship Sim 2008 and Ship Sim Extremes. Both done by V Step. I've had great fun with both, They take me back to my old occupation and It's amazing to find out that I still have the skills required to navigate a variety of ships!  :D

Kevin,

What exactly does "creating an entry in the P3D2.cfg file that refers to the FSX install location" actually mean? I know I sound thick, but if it really is as simple as it sounds, then I might consider trying it. Of course, what I really need is for my addon planes to work, and that includes the PMDG 737NGX, QW146, Flight1 CCM, and RealAir Duke/Turbine Duke.

Hi Chris,

I just meant creating entries in the scenery.cfg file, which I did using sceneryconfigeditor.  In reality I just copied and pasted large sections of my FSX scenery.cfg into my P3D2 scenery.cfg, then checked them in SCE to make sure they were valid :P  Hence there was no necessity to install everything from the source files again, especially for huge disk munching content like photoscenery.  I just couldn't be bothered to go through that. 

Just to be sure I didn't break anything though, I copied across all files from my FSX autogen /Texture /modules /sound /(some) simobjects folders that WEREN'T already in the relevant P3D2 folders (so I could be confident that any addons that used files in them could also access them in P3D2.

I admit it sounds like a bit of a lash up job, but my heath robinson'esque P3D2 install felt absolutely painless and seems to work just fine.  I started up the Twotter at Plockton in the new autogenesis region the other day and was getting over 50fps.

The only 2 things that cause me not to move completely away from FSX now are:

a) the NGX isn't supposed to work in it (although other people have got it to do so, I haven't tried at all...yet)

b) some addon nightlighting is ASM based and doesn't work properly in P3D2

Cheers K