Leg 61 - Sharm El Sheik to Tympaki

Been hanging around the area for a few days, some to get acclimated to the climate and moreso to make sure the red headed bandit hasn't flown in to interrupt my plans.

Had about enough of resort seafood for the time being so figured it was time to head out.

One problem.

I flew in commercial.

I went out to the airport early this morning to see if I could beg, borrow or steal a ride out of here and most importantly - able to get into Tympaki, and got lucky.

Turns out the Embraer test crew is here testing some hot weather improvements to their incredible Phenom 100.  

first_zps1d052551.jpg

A few minutes later...

some greased palms, some fuel put on the credit card and here I am, we have the GPU hooked up, the engineers loaded and ready to flip the switches and bring this beast to life.

1_zps373a7eb2.jpg

Clearance picked up, looks like FL280 for this trip

2_zpsf01b98f2.jpg

"4L via A, Xray Romeo Victor"

3_zps7be91326.jpg

"Strobes, Bleeds, Transponder, Landing Lights, before takeoff checklist complete"

4_zps63cbbd23.jpg

"Positive rate, gear up"

5_zps018356d9.jpg

100 ft, its getting hazy

6_zps03e2f2ca.jpg

250 ft. totally in the clouds

7_zps673bba32.jpg

Coming up on the ginormous bustling metropolis of Cairo

8_zps65fe8a57.jpg

Sea as far as the eye can see... shows how small we are on the earth

9_zpse56b0188.jpg

TOD

10_zpse2103c54.jpg

Turning to our final waypoint

11_zps8e5b8c22.jpg

Getting closer now

12_zpsf92936e7.jpg

and closer

13_zps6f1f9613.jpg

Wind is calm, so we are on an extended left base for 27

16_zpsd0b0eb06.jpg

The AWOS lied

17_zps57576c8a.jpg

Down a little long but manageable

18_zpsc5992d6d.jpg

Ailerons into the wind for the taxi

15_zpsc10f07a7.jpg

Marcellus, I'm under that rock over there with the baton, the Embraer guys took their airplane back to HESH... didn't even shut down both engines, opened the door, shut down the left engine and kicked me out.  I musta worn out my welcome.

19_zpsb82bd79b.jpg

*Apologies for the crazy blue at the start, I just loaded a new REX texture set and everything is REALLY blue, going to try and change that*

Wow! That is an impressive piece of kit Rem!  :cloudnine:

It's great to see you flying with us again and so expertly, about time we had a decent flight by the book  :D

Thanks for getting the baton safely to Tympaki. 

Nice job Remington, love the artistic screenies. :cool: Never doubted we would see a good one from you. :)

That is some fancy plane, I heard that one can fly it RW without a copilot. Looks more comfortable than my house, not a bad private jet if you have 4mil laying around. :D

Well done Remington..

Looks like a really nice little plane that (wish I had had that one for my flight, it would have gone so much quicker than in what I got stuck with....)

And that clear blue sky didn't bother me at all.. after this weekend I'm very much longing for some blue skies IRL  ;)

Now all you need to do is protect that baton until Marcellus gets there and your work for this section is done  ;)