A few more from the new system!

I've discovered some really weird camera angles! and love that amazing water texture! Started expanding it already! Still a matter of trial and error at the moment.

swisshawklowFSX_zps98a40d34.jpg

tutorovernewquay_zps15316ad3.jpg

swisshawkfsx_zps03b9cb4d.jpg

HS748pkdLHR_zps5f933b4b.jpg

Sharhoverseafsx_zps75ceb3b1.jpg

HawkandboatFSX_zps8bec0dec.jpg

SharhoverFSX_zps34f60556.jpg

HurriFSX_zps36ac841a.jpg

hurriTurnFSX_zpsd4a243cd.jpg

DC-10toffFSX_zpsd9e223d4.jpg

goosewaterland_zpseff8a5ab.jpg

CessnaoverM27_zps775b77c7.jpg

goosewatertaxi_zps9ce993d8.jpg

Goosefasttaxi_zps6cb3efc1.jpg

goosecrzFSX_zps7b0034c5.jpg

gooseatanchor_zpsa0f9dc20.jpg

CessnapkdEGHR_zps989742fe.jpg

gooseandyacht_zpsb607848a.jpg

C-17FSXRAFcrz_zps0f30ff1b.jpg

BADC-10toffGat_zps7ca6347e.jpg

BADC10depcardiff_zps231df27f.jpg

BADC-10cleartoff_zpse8e4b51b.jpg

Vulc558FSX_zpsee2a5218.jpg

BADC10crz_zps420ec35a.jpg

BADC-10climbturn_zps6cf94219.jpg

thanks for viewing

• Like 1

Looking good Alan :thum: FSX does make a difference not long me thinks before you will be adding Rex weather and addon scenery then you will be really hooked.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

Alan,

Good selection of aircraft - particularly like the flying boats/sea planes screen-shots.

Reminds me of the time I flew in one in Queensland, Australia out to the Great Barrier Reef to do some snorkeling. I was fortunate to be seated in the co-pilot seat during the short flight - just as we were about to land in a very calm stretch of water close to the reef, you can imagine my surprise when the pilot pushed the canopy back and stood up during the final landing stage, exclaiming that he needed a better angle of view to judge where the surface of the exceptionally calm water was!

Ray.

• Like 1

Alan, i know this is a new build for you; with allot of addon migrations

how come your not putting this much efforts into P3D instead of FSX?

I was gifted FSX by a friend of mine who didn't need it. I know absolutely nothing about P3D and cannot afford to buy any more PC games at the moment. It's taken me several years to get this far! :D

Nice shots Alan.

Regarding camera angles. I finally got around to doing the tutorial missions, just cuz I wanted to see what the "mission rewards" were ("I knows how to fly, I don't need no damned lessons" was my previous attitude), and learned that I can move the view around by holding spacebar down while moving the mouse around....much finer angle adjustments than using the hat switch or keyboard commands are possible.

Cheers on the switch over. Looks like your hangar is moving over well so far :)

• Like 1

I know absolutely nothing about P3D and cannot afford to buy any more PC games at the moment. It's taken me several years to get this far! :D

the reason i asked is very simple

P3D is FSX actual code that’s been further developed

the controls you know from FSX and setting are exactly the same

in a more convenient interface etc

most scenery doesn’t work, because its installing/looking for default fsx directories; not because there's a real problem

just about everything i moved from fsx to P3D is working flawlessly; exactly the same thing

when they started; i think even today

many of the files in world\scenery and many other directories are the same fsx uses

at one point i experimented with swapping the files between FSX and P3D v1.4

everything worked in FSX with no issue

• Like 1

I may take a look at it sometime in the future, but right now it's not at the top of my list of must haves. Got too much going on at the moment to worry about it, It looks interesting though. I notice that a lot of the freeware stuff being released now is for X Plane. What's that all about?

I think what would be good is for someone to produce a guide to migrating add-ons from FSX to P3D together with some kind of advice sheet of things to look out for when deciding to attempt a migration.

I don't know if this has been done already, or who would do it if it wasn't. :D

• Like 1

XP is way out of my league

i tried it few times; didn’t like it too much

the main thing about XP is its x64 architecture

this allows to run much more complex configuration, scenery wise!

The funny things about migrating to P3D

You can simply make a fake directory for fsx containing only FSX.exe in it (fake is fine)

Install into it, then manually move the files over to P3D

Some xml files may need manual editing to point to P3D root etc

But these are fairly easy to do; there’s no need to manipulate any code

The reason this work is due to the simple architectural structure fsx/p3d was/is developed under

Without getting to technical; it’s very simple DOS common contexts approach

Because of this common contexts structure; the whole FSX directory can be moved entirely to a new location without effecting its functionality

Common context means the files are always looking for their dependencies in the current folder and below it, no path is hardcoded

There are so many sims about now, each with it's own merits. I got FS9, FSX both loaded. Ship and Ship sim extremes, Both loaded, also have Combat FS, Combat FS3 and IL2 Sturmovik, all on the shelf. Where the hell do I start! :D

in two years FSX will drop from that list

In 2 years I may not even be here unless the medics can sort my ticker out properly! :(   In the meantime I'll stick with what I know, until a few years ago I'd never even touched a computer let alone a sim. I'll just plod along slowly for now. :)