Prepar3D Professional License

I am new here and have a question about Prepar3D Professional License.
Does anyone know some one or have this license.
I know it is costly but it looks like it might be the way to go if they will sell it ot me. I have a privet pilots license but have not flew in  a plane since 1975. Am ready to re-new it.

Hi Tom and welcome to Mutley's Hangar. :welcomeani:

This has always been a touchy subject due to legal reasons that bind MS and LM but if all you want to do is get back into practicing your flight procedures, you can probably get away with the Academic License. The Professional version looks more to be designed for teachers to create inflight scenarios for their students.

I ask that you wait and give others a chance to weigh in here as they most likely know much more about then I do, I am still hanging on with FSX. :)

Do you have any of A2A's GA aircraft? They would be great for getting back into the practice groove.  

Hi.

There's better coverage of this topic elsewhere but i think Brett's answer is wrong.

'Get away with' - maybe.

'Correct' -no.

My reading of this when I went for P3d was that if I'm not at College and of college age (I'm not) then paying for the professional licence was the right thing

I did this 6 months ago and have never regretted it for a minute. Much more stable. Better performance. 3 updates in 6 months! FSX stopped those years ago.

I remember when when FS8 and FS9 came out and I'm sure in today's money they would have been around the $80 mark.

The only problem you have is maybe having to rebuy or upgrade licences of some addons especially A2A and PMDG eventually.

So my advice is look properly at P3D now before you buy further addons. Most are dual instal or will work with EMT migration tool but some won't.

Thoroughly recomend P3d though it's great.

Dean

after discussing the issue with LM i was advised to buy the pro version as i would be using it for reviews however it now appears that pmdg prods will only work n the academic version unless hugely expensive pro licences are bought,  my advice is if you havent bought it , i would not bother until the 64bit version comes out, by then the licencing may have been sorted.

• Like 1

+1 on the 64-bit version, Nigel.

And +1 on Dean's (dean33) view, too. Academic means 'student' - just like Old Age Pensioner means someone who has retired (like me). So, I don't agree with you, Christopher, regardless of whether you feel that if you don't get caught, then it's O.K.

LM clearly want the professional version to be just that, but as far as their Sim-Director is concerned, I understand they have some ways to go, yet.

Just my tuppence-worth - nothing personal, as usual (sniping mode = Off!)

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

after discussing the issue with LM i was advised to buy the pro version as i would be using it for reviews however it now appears that pmdg prods will only work n the academic version unless hugely expensive pro licences are bought

That is very surprising if true, Nigel. Are you sure about that?

Thanks for all the replies.

Any word on how soon the 64 bit version will arrive?

I hope my rig will run either FSX or PrepareD with full settings.

Also I am interested in flying with a club.

Since I have not flown lately, I am a nubee.

Chris  as i understand it pmdg are apparently prosecuting some people for using the 737 and 777 in p3d and that has slowed the pace of them getting fully in legal agreement with LM . No doubt Boeing have something to do with it as they wont want pro's using a p.c for training rather than an expensive pro sim.

However from what I have gleaned from sniffing under stones and rubbing my glass ball, and staring at tea leaves is that version 3 should be available around sept 2015 or xmas at the latest, this will no doubt be denied in the interim period as they still want to sell 2.4 and 2.5 to new clients who will be expected to pay again for 3 when it comes out however my opinion is there is no further point in continuing with version 2. whatever, as it doesnt work properly with large a/c and large scenery as it has huge vas problems like fsx without dx10. it does work very well with small a/c however. so the sooner they go 64 bit the sooner everyone in the sim community will be able to go forward.

Britfrog, I´m not to sure I agree. P3Dv3 is going to be a very big change when it comes to addons. Just look at how long ORBX have taken with new installers to v2.

V3 could mean that we have to buy everything from scratch because nothing will work properly in a new 64bit environment.....

I might be the last to update to v3. It might end up being a VERY expensive one. And remember that one money ($,€ etc.) has diffenet value in different places on earth.

On the other hand, I know that a 64bit core will also open new horizons. But do I need that?

Its the dilemma: where is the limit between progress and obsession with growth.  In our modern society, every day its leaning more towards obsession with growth.