MilViz Cessna C310R - No Name.

From MilViz's weekend 50% off sale:

Cessna's C310 ...never got a name.

The Cessna 310 is an American six-seat, low-wing, twin-engined monoplanethat was produced by Cessna between 1954 and 1980. It was the first twin-engined aircraft that Cessna put into production after World War II.

MilViz has created a model based on the C310R version:

From wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_310

"310R:

310Q with three-bladed propellers, lengthened nose with baggage compartment, 5,500 lb (2,500 kg) takeoff weight and 285 hp (213 kW) IO-520-M engines, 1332 built.

It is a fine performer, great climb rate, and economical as hell:

A military version with bigger motors earned this review from the USAF:

"A USAF study after one year of operational service found the U-3A had direct operating costs of less than $12 an hour" !!!!

12 bucks an hour!!! My new go too twin GA for Airhauler...dude!

It can haul about 1850 lbs with 30 gallons of fuel...that is roughly a 200 mile range at that fuel load given that I tend to fly at the top of the green arc on the manifold and rpm gauges.

And it looks freaking awesome with kind of nice lines, and great detailing outside and in:

Piccys...

310blue.png

310interiorfrnt.png

310interiorrear.png

There are additional liveries available free from the product page:

310graynew.png

310brownlanding.png

And comes with 3 panels;

Analog:

310panel1.png

G1000:

310panel2g1000.png

Free Radio:

Basically the Analog panel with the stock FSX cessna radio panel installed...kind of boring looking, i shall be swapping panels out of those and changing them to the Analog version.

Not sure if this is a small lighting issue, or a VERY bright white tail light shining too bright on the ramp...but it is the only glitch I noticed thus far...if it is one.

310fuellightissue.png

Lovely plane for 1/2 off or full price.

Thanks for looking.

$12?!  You can't even fly a Cub or Taylorcraft for that, that study must have been done years ago.  I imagine its over $250-300 per hour to run that thing just fixed costs only.

heh...i'm sure that was 1950's money.

Sorry if it sounded like I implied it could fly for less than the cost of today's gas. :) Ha...it's around 25 gallons per hour I imagine or a bit less for an economy cruise, not that I have flown it there.

Great shots Matt.

I agree with you and Joe on this one. It's a real gem of a plane and it's been far to long since I took it for an outing.

My only gripe with it is that it's a tad twitchy on the ground, but once in the air it's a joy to fly. 

When used in a multi-player environment with a couple of crazy friends the fact that the G1000 includes traffic is a great bonus too... you can see the buggers trying to sneak up on you ;)

My favorite livery by far is the one below.. I think it was included in the package found on the product page.

04-turning-left-at-the-first-waypoint-li

• Like 1