Primeval soup?

This has really got me stumped, so please help if you can.

I took the virtual air last night in a Harrier and headed towards the coast and this is what I found.....

textures2.jpg

I thought WTF!

So had a look around to see if this was a global problem. First i went far away to the Falklands and all was fine.

Then I went to Bordeaux and out to sea.  everything was good. Then I went to the Silly Isles and found this:

textures3.jpg

This last shot is heading south from the Silly Isles. It seems as i leave the UK area everything is fine. And it is the UK and Ireland as I have tried from Eastbourne (England), RAF Valley (Wales) Aberdeen (Scotland), Belfast (Northern Ireland) and Cork (Ireland). Sorry for stating the Bl**ding obvious in brackets but not everyone here is from the British Isles.   

I have installed:

Pilots 2010 mesh

Orbx global

Orbix vectors

Orbx England

Orbx Wales

Orbx Scotland

Orbx N. Ireland

Orbx S Ireland

Active Sky weather

REX 4 with soft clouds.

I have tried setting different REX textures which didn't work, clouds and weather are just fine.  Logic tells me it is an Orbx thing as it seems to match the Orbx localized scenery I have, but how i fix it,...?

There is one thing I have done recently which may have been the catalyst. I had to re-install FSX Acceleration as I had an issue with the JF Chipmunk which was solved with the re-install.

Any help would be good.

JG

This was an Orbx issue.  I finally got down and installed all the SPs and and set and un-set all the bits and pieces and the soup has gone.

It was probably caused by a re-install of FSX Acceleration, and not by the Orbx software itself. :thum:  

Incidentally the Baltic Sea can at times look exactly like that due to heavy algal bloom... Doubt that was what they were trying to simulate though ;)

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algblomning#/media/File:Phytoplankton_bloom_in_the_Baltic_Sea_(July_3,_2001).jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algal_bloom

• Like 1