A quick flugel through Leek eaters territory

some years ago , it was certainly BC (before children) my soon to be spouse and I had a very pleasant holiday ensconced in a mobile home on the edge of the beach at Porthmadog , whilst there we had a lovely trip on the narrow gauge steam railway to Blenau Festiniog (or however you spell it,) however i digress (as usual!)  the main problem was that it was nigh on impossible to get a drink, especially on a Sunday, one had to visit a hotel as all the pubs were closed after 6pm, So as our holiday came to an end rather than suffer another day without the wicked alcohol we drove southward, as there we were informed the laws were more relaxed, and so we ended up in this God forsaken, one horse town, on a Sunday evening

2015-4-23_11-55-28-311.jpg

Maybe some unfortunate local leek eater will recognise it

2015-4-23_12-1-17-126.jpg

well we pulled up at the only watering hole open in town called the Red Lion if memory serves and in order to have a drink we had to reserve a room complete with flea infested bed for the night 

however the trip there was memorable as we passed some stunning scenery which luckily i had the opportunity of re-acquainting myself with some years later when we had an Aztec

2015-4-22_20-42-33-969.jpg

2015-4-22_20-36-27-97.jpg

2015-4-22_20-40-29-906.jpg

the scenery was stunning as were their antiquated drinking laws :)

Now you gone and done it, saying a "God forsaken, one horse town". :th_blush:

You're about to face the Wrath of Karn also known as our Dai, as he lives there.  :rofl:  :rofl:

But glad you enjoyed your visit to Wales Nigel, but you were lucky that you only had flea's in your bed.

When I was in that pub, I suffered bed bugs, complete with hard hats on and power drills to get at your blood.

The entertainment was a pair of wellingtons and a sheep!!  But then that's another story.  Still the scenery makes up for the uncomfortable beds..  :thum: :thum:

Now you gone and done it, saying a "God forsaken, one horse town". :th_blush:

You're about to face the Wrath of Karn also known as our Dai, as he lives there.  :rofl:  :rofl:

I bet Dai owns the horse!

• Like 1

Shee-yit! I recognised Tal-y-Llyn and Cadair, but was in the dark about the town until it clicked...

You b*gg*r, Nige', Llanidloes is a lovely place - I can't confirm whether the Red Lion's fauna are still going, but the town is probably the friendliest place in mid Wales.

Well done, James, for spotting Llani' - let me know if you're up this way again. Come to think of it, that applies to you all - even you, monsieur Porter!

By golly, you've got to be on your toes in this forum, eh? :clapping:

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

P.S. Great photo-scenery by the way, mate!