Red arrows 2015 paint

The real Red Arrows have changed the official and permanent artwork on their aircraft's tail.

Read about it here: http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/news/index.cfm?storyid=5C445744-5056-A318-A8568FFB3C4C1245

One of my favorite aircraft is the BAe Hawk T1, so in line with the Red Arrows is have repainted my SkySim model.

At rest in Newcastle:

2015ra1.jpg

Low over north west England:

2015ra3.jpg

Banking over south eastern Scotland:

2015ra5.jpg

Safely down in Edinburgh.

2015ra2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Some of the Jet trainers are just a delight to fly...that one looks like a Fun Fly For Show. :)

Dino Cateneo's T45C Goshawk is my favorite jet to fly (after the BD-5 which is entirely unpractical for any use except fun flying...and hauling courier documents in Airhauler :) ). Also fun is the Razbam T2 Buckeye. The military birds are Not supersonic, but haul ass just below that, and are incredibly stable in flight.

Your RAF bird there looks very similar to the Goshawk. Nice job on the paintwork!

Could we have a link to download the hawk as the skysim website is dead?

The site does seem to have disappeared and the only way to get a free copy is to join the FSX Red Arrows team http://fsxredarrows.webs.com/theaircraft.htm but that would be a little devious unless you planned on becoming an active member.

Of course using the free torrent downloads would be downright despicable no matter how bad you want it.

I think many people got there's through PC magazine too so you could try there. You could always try finding Rick Pipers email address and ask him to sell you one, that is if he still has rights to it. The site closed down but I think they made Rick supply support for activation(a crazy security system) until June of 2016. You can try this address for email but do not think you will get anywhere but worth a try if you want it. info@skysim.co.uk

Maybe JG has a better idea of what happened and where to get it.

Skysim did give notice that the site was closing at the end of June '15, it may be worth keeping an eye out to see if this model becomes available from another legitimate source.

I contacted Rick with an install problem - I couldn't get the on-line registration to work.

I think he sent me a replacement gauge, which when added to the install (overwriting the existing one) caused the software to be registered.

JG.