Ireland an Incredible Island.....................

My journey around Ireland.........................

This is the last project in making photo real scenery for FSX as my HD's are full.

I have enjoyed every minute of the work and uploads and would like to thank all of you who have watched and passed on your comments and words of appreciation.

I hope you enjoy this last ride.......................

Thanks for watching..........................M

It looks great. I´ve been to Western Ireland for a couple of month the last 2 summers. And you photo real scenery looks very correct.

I have the ORBX Ireland scenery and I find it to be very much so-so. Its pretty but far from realistic especially when it come to villages. In orbx scenery they are all the same size and they a round. In reality, Irish villages are small thin strips of houses following the narrow roads.

How much HD space does the whole of Ireland need?

I purchased the ORBx FTX Northern Ireland scenery, and then the FTX Republic of Ireland to go with it. All of those trees and buildings were nice at first, but after a while I started getting fed up of looking at what I knew to be generic (aka unrealistic) scenery. It's also worth noting that it was a major performance hitter when flying near my Aerosoft EIDW Dublin airport, and the generic nature of the scenery was even more apparent in that location (plus the extremely unrealistic, low resolution coastlines). Therefore, I decided to buy myself the PlayHorizon VFR GenX Republic of Ireland scenery.....

What a difference! It may be "flat" when compared with the FTX scenery, but it looks great from the air, and the detailed coastlines and water masks are awesome (particularly on final approach to runway 28 at Dublin airport). I have also managed to keep the five FTX wind turbines active that can be seen on this approach :thum: The difference in performance is staggering. I had the autogen density at maximum for the FTX scenery (because anything less just looks rubbish), but this takes a heavy toll on the system. The photoscenery is like a breath of fresh air, and (despite the complete lack of autogen) it looks far better.

That being the case, I am keen to replace my FTX Northern Ireland scenery with photoscenery, but the options for this are limited. I could purchase the MSE2 Ireland photoscenery package, but I am not sure if I would be able to use only the Northern Ireland scenery from this (because there is no way that I am getting rid of the beautiful GenX scenery for the Republic of Ireland). In addition, there are problems with visible default scenery, although I could probably solve that by doing a mini version of what Michael has done here, and simply "patch" those areas where the default scenery is visible. However, I would need to know where they are first! I know that there is an ugly section of Belfast Harbour that suffers from this issue, so that would definitely need to be sorted out.....

Christopher, how do you find that orbx ireland compares to orbx England? 

You see, of all the orbx regions, the only one I know pretty well in real life, is Ireland and I agree that its not very good. Yes, its goodlooking and kind of sweet and green :P  but far from reality.

And even without the Aerosoft Dublin airport, the fps impact in the Dublin area is big.

Really really nice job you done there on your scenery project/tour.

Regrettably, I can't see myself flying over Flatland again ....sigh....in part due to this:  "...my HD's are full. "

But mostly because I love trees...especially slipping around/dodging over them.

But ya...I really miss the lovely accurate photoreal scenery.

Kudos, and thanks for sharing the trip.