Is it just me or does everyone have to do monthly reinstallations of their FSX addons because of glitches that cause the program to not run anymore?

I do! And it's driving me crazy. I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just FSX's fault.

Any Reply Is Greatly Appreciated

I'm running a Core i7 at 4.4 GhZ with a GTX 970, 8GB of fairly high speed RAM, and a very fast SSD.

Thanks,

Ardy

Never had that issue Ardy..

i think my FSX installation is 2-3 years old at this point, and even with lots of add-ons it's chugging along nicely on my PC. A PC that is pushing on 5 years at this point, so much slower than yours...

The only issue I've had was when I installed my Saitek Pro Flight stuff about 18 months ago. For some reason the driver installation messed up one of the settings files (I think it was the EXE.xml, but I'm not sure...)

Have you managed to nail it down to a specific add-on causing the issues?

• Like 1

Hi Ardy, welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

Sometimes things go awry and action has to be taken but you should not be having to do it as often as you are doing.

I recently had an unexplained happening and I was only getting .5 frames per second. Yes that's 0.5. Very weird.

What I did was to make a backup of the fsx.cfg file, then deleted it.

This forces FSX to create a new .cfg.

This should then force FSX to re-establish all your addons.

With your system spec's, you should be flying like a dream.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

• Like 1

Not had this either. Only usually get issues with the odd addon and once had a problem with nvidia driver but otherwise ok.

Can you remember changing something or adding something at about the time this started?.

Do you tinker with .cfg or not? If so do what Needles suggested.

Post back how you get on.

• Like 1

Last time I installed FSX Gold was when I built this PC in Sept. 2013. Took quite some time to do it properly following Nick N's "The Bible" (Flight 1).

I've been installing some addon planes (freeware and payware) and scenery ( UTX/GEX, Orbx regions and many freeware airfields ), flying almost daily in different parts of the world, by day and night and until now never had any problem ( touch wood ! ) except the ones I created myself by not installing an addon properly. It was always solved easily and never to a point where I had to reinstall anything. 

• Like 1

Hi Ardy, sorry to hear your having problems.

Most machines will work for many years without a problem and some will give you constant headaches as they are all set up different.

It might be some conflict between addons so giving us a hint about what addons you are installing would help along with your full system specs. Not sure what glitch you are having either, have you tried looking into your Event Logs to see what is causing crashes? If the glitch is black boxes in the scenery or blurry textures this can be fixed with minor adjustments. Installing addons in bulk without defragmenting or restarting can cause addon problems. Is everything updated as you go along with installations, the list goes on.

Give us as much information as you can and the folks here would be happy to help and give you a smoother running sim.

I would also like to welcome you here at Mutley's Hangar. :hat:   

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I would like to thank everyone for their comments and I will look into it and see what addon(s) are causing these issues and error messages. I know that nVidia inpector caused FSX to go black on my PC for some reason whenever I set any settings so I deleted the profiles : (

Thanks Again,

Ardy

Hi there,

One of the issues I'm having right now is with EZCA. It happened after the installation of FSINN Versions 1.3 and 1.7 (Inn and CoPilot). After I installed FSINN EZCA stops responding in pay-ware aircraft and stops responding in the default aircraft after 5-10 min. When I run EZCA without FSINN it runs fine. I have FSDT last in my FSX DLL.XML file.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks in Advance

Ardy

EZCA can be a bit difficult to get up and running, and now that you mention it it is one of the few add-ons I've had to reinstall to get in working order. 

My suggestion is to download the Beta version (1.18) from the EZCA support forum on Flight1. I've had no issues with that version.

• Like 1

Thank you soooooo much Stu7708 I updated to version 1.185 and it worked!!!!!!! Thank you very much : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

Take Care,

Ardy