A little apprehensively, I decided to hit install on win10 yesterday morning. Seemed to be quick and painless, and I am rather surprised that I'm getting 45-50fps in the Majestic Q400, when in exactly the same scenario with exactly the same settings but under win7 immediately before installing 10, I was only getting 20-25fps.

I've not read anything that would substantiate why technically this might be the case and I was certainly not expecting it, but its one particular gift horse I'm not looking in the mouth!

Has anyone else had similar surprising results, or may be able to offer an explanation as to why I'm seeing this apparent increase due seemingly to only the change of OS?

I'm on an old i5 2500K @4.7 GHz and running a fairly old and very average Radeon 7950 3Gb....

Cheers K

keep us posted Kevin, I am very cautious about changing OS, I have 8.1 working fine and worry things like all my addons for weather etc wont work.....I have upgraded a laptop and that is fine but will watch and see how you get on.   please report back regarding any addons, weather, planners, aircraft etc..

Wayne

I'm running Win 10 with P3Dv3 as well, no problems encountered either.

I can't say it's running faster but maybe file updates, reorganisation and optimising during the update may make a difference.

It's looking although Windows 10 is going to be the preferred update for big businesses who kept with Win7, so that bodes well.

Is 10 really free as an update though? Microsoft now do everything it seems with an annual licence now, as a business we pay monthly for Office 365 and that used to be a program you only needed to purchase the once....

The windows 10 upgrade is totally free at the moment. There is a deadline for this offer though, I think that it's somewhere during the summer 2016. If you haven't upgraded by then you will have to pay for it.

• 1 month later...