FSUIPS Hybrid approach?

Currently I use FSUIPC to control my rudder, joystick and throttle.  Each device is separately by its own USB plug and so there are no "pass through" controls.

The throttle quadrant has three modes effectively giving three times the number of switches etc..  So I want to use the Saitek controls for the throttle and FSUIPC for the rest.  Currently I have FSUIPC disable joysticks etc. and so FSUIPC controls everything.

Can I set up a hybrid configuration where FSUIPC controls everything everything except the throttle?

JG

Ah Boss, I have indeed RTFM, the trouble is there are about 15 FMs with FSUIPC.

I thought I would post here as I went through what I thought was the correct FM only to find it wasn't. 14 more FMs or a quick post on the forums?

Do you see where I am coming from? 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly set all controls on the throttle as "Pass directly to FSX" and assign those within FSX..

Although I'm not sure FSX will pick up on the "mode selector" either.. might have to go through the Saitek software to get access to those...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John

Sorry.. bit late to this topic.

Yes, you can have a hybrid.. I've been running all my Saitek stuff on a mixture of FSX controls, FSUIPC and SPAD for years. I don't use the Saitek software for configuring any of my Saitek gear though.

The main thing to make sure is that you NEVER have the same axis/button assigned in both FSX and in FSUIPC. It does take a while to go through and make sure that FSX doesn't sneak back in some settings (as it often does for some inexplicable reason!), but once you have it set up, its so easy to move from one aircraft to another, single or multi-engine.

I currently only have the rudder pedals and the Yoke set up in FSX controls (I found that the hat switch worked better in FSX controls), the rest is all FSUIPC, including the Saitek Cessna trim.  SPAD is running my radio, MFD, Switch unit, and BIP.

Don't be daunted by the manual.. its big, but you'll be glad you took the time. Its got to be one of the most powerful additions to the FS experience.

Good luck, but shout if you are still struggling with it :)

• Like 1

My motivation in starting this thred was to try to find out if it was possible to have just one controller outside FSUIPC.  This is what I have:

3 x Saitak switch panels (switch, Radio and Autopilot)

2 x FIP (own software)

Rudder Pedals (FSUIPC)

X55 Joystick (FSUIPC)

X55 Throttle ***

Std Saitek Throttle quadrant (FSUIPC)

The X55 throttle unit *** is currently controlled by FSUIPC.  However there is a feature on the device that FSUIPC cant cope with.  This is a dial switch that allows you to set the throttle to three modes.  This effectively gives to 3 x each control to play with. I wanted to set up the throttle to have a taxi/Takeoff mode, a normal flight mode and a landing mode. but to do this I have to allow the throttle (only) to be controlled by the Saitek home grown software, whilst having everything else managed by FSUIPC.

Any help with this would be good..