Iron Maiden Debuts 747-400

As many of you are aware, Iron Maiden has its very own 757-200 aircraft and their lead singer, Bruce Dickinson, is the pilot.  But you may not be aware is that they just upgraded to a 747-400 on which he flies both the band and the tour equipment! I was driving past KFLL this morning when I glimpsed a 747, which is very rare to see at KFLL. But since they opened their new runway, apparently they can handle the heavy stuff now, where previously they would have had to fly into Miami. So I was quite surprised when I saw it not just any 747.

So I got a closer look, from just a 100 feet or so away. It's got an awesome paint job.  Full story here: https://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-and-the-book-of-souls-go-jumbo-on-massive-2016-world-tour.html

They are here for a show this week in Ft. Lauderdale

SIronMaiden747_03.jpg

SIronMaiden747_04.jpg

• Like 3

Bruce Dickinson.. living proof that being in the music business isn't all just about S, D & R+R.. fantastic guy :hat:

Love their artwork as well.. would love to know who comes up with those designs for 'Ed the head'. Think it used to be a guy called Derek a while back, but this one is really striking.

Wow what a great way to get to your gigs.

Back in the 60's when I was in a rock band all we had was an old second hand red post office van.  Happy Days.

We painted it grey as that was the only  free paint we could find and within day's it got covered all over with writing, notes,pic's etc  while it was left outside gigs.

Many years ago I was captain of wimbledon Fencing Club.  I fenced with a epee most of the time, but once I went three rounds with the foil against Bruce Dickinson. He was very good, I lost three nil.  Things would have been different if we had fought with epees though.    :whis:

Did you do gates as well as fencing J G?

All part of my gardening skill set mate!

Im sure he could take Gates with foil or epee...he looks fairly slow.

I was 25 at the time. Reverse the numbers and add five and you will find I have slowed down a bit as well.

• Like 1

The explanation of this accident sounds off for some reason. Do those pins just fall out like that and do aircraft that big keep rolling when towed.

Incompetence and carelessness

The explanation of this accident sounds off for some reason. Do those pins just fall out like that and do aircraft that big keep rolling when towed.

Incompetence and carelessness

Iron Maiden cranked up on the headphones while tugging their jet...it seemed a cool thing to do at the time...