Hi Fintan and :welcomeani:to Mutley's. I have UK2000 EGLL and find it good enough for my needs although it is pretty heavy on frame rates. This is due to the demands of my Orbx scenery and its proximity to London itself. As I don't have the Simwings version I cannot comment.

I'm sure you will receive some useful advice here on this and any other questions you might have.

I have the Simwings version and quite happy with it, I think the performance is not quite as good as the UK2000 version but it has much better quality textures so it is a trade off between the two.

There is a demo of the UK2000 scenery so give that a go first! http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page17.html

Welcome aboard Fintan,

You have come to the right place for advice, I joined this time last year and knew nothing about flight simming, here we are 12 months later and...................I still know nothing  :D

All joking aside I have learnt a great deal on here so stick around.

Mike

Hi Fintan!

And a warm welcome to the Hangar!    ^_^

I'm with Joe, having moved from UK2000 to the newer competition a little while ago — and I'd also echo his comments about the textures. Which is not to put UK2000's version down, since it is a tad easier on framerates.

But (statement of the obvious coming up) — any decent version of Heathrow is going to be.... testing, for your computer. All the more so if you have a reasonable amount of AI going on (which will translate to a *lot* of movements at any of the world's largest airports, and, some would say, especially at Heathrow).    :cool:

Incidentally, if you're flying one of the heavies into EGLL, don't forget to visit our Commercial Airliners section at http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/forum/128-commercial-airliners/  At the top you'll find a pinned item about downloads and documents, some of which you may perhaps find useful.   

Good luck! If you really are "FSX Mad", then you're in good company, here! (Although some of the inmates are FSX-SE mad, or P3D mad, or even X-Plane mad.... but you get the picture).      :D

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Welcome Fingan! This is a great place for info, advise...adventure even.

I thought I knew how to fly planes when I joined... Turns out I knew how to not crash planes. I am learning more all the time, and this new MEBAR adventure Igot mixed up in... is showing me just how little I actually know.

Enjoy!