Aerosoft Official - Alta X Trailer

Great video, Jeroen!    :)

@Matt

Not sure about the hangars specifically, but the claimed features include this item: "Animations bring the airport to life, including animated people". Other intriguing features which caught my eye included 3D snow (?!): "Special highlights are the seasonal variations, including 3D snow that in combination with the customized terrain mesh provide an impressive atmosphere especially in winter."

@potential purchasers

As a frequent Norway vlyer I should perhaps mention that Alta is a loooong way north, folks (think Hammerfest and Tromsø sort of north...).   <insert emoticon of shivering polar bear here>

Incidentally, v1.01 has just been released:

Improved AFCAD for P3D
flashing strobe for initial visual circling lights added
sequence lights for the VOR-E approach added

And one final thing to mention, which might be significant to some — it utilises the notorious (when it's not working) SODE....    :whis:   See, for example, this thread: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/108707-alta-x/#comment-742803

Cheers,

bruce
a.k.a. brian747

• Like 1

Thanks Bruce.

It would be nice if there were a way to make toggle-able hangar doors. A place inside to park the planes out of the elements would be lovely...if A2A Aerosoft (or others) could make it so that their birds sensed "stored indoors" vs "stored outdoors"...huge bonus points.

God...customers are just never satisfied huh?

And I'm still waiting for that Dr. Doom Secret Island Airbase with flyable Volcanic Tunnels scenery...

Hi, Matt!

Yup, couldn't agree more! :)

Although I guess it's a bit like the SODE thing. Each developer wants to push the boundaries, so they are tempted to exploit technologies which are fine for them, but may cause mayhem in sceneries from other sources. Whilst I'd love to see the functionality you describe, if I had to choose one or the other I'd prefer to have airports that don't require me to run some config tool (or worse still, have to move files around or edit configs) before landing or taking off from them.

But who knows? For some time now FSX (especially in DX10) has been looking and running better than its creators could ever have imagined, so maybe the best is yet to come? :cool:

Flyable volcanic tunnels, though? I don't think I fancy trying that in a 744.... ;)

Cheers,

B.

Flyable volcanic tunnels, though? I don't think I fancy trying that in a 744.... ;)

Cheers,

B.

I imagine their should be a large "straight in" tunnels on both sides of the caldera approach for heavy cargos...Dr. Doom needs supplies after all...but the smaller well lit and well marked tunnels which encircle the crater walls inside are twin engine GA or smaller only... :D.