Twitch Streaming - Username 'UKJim'

Hi guys n' gals!

I got my streaming working today on twitch - I am not sure whether it is any good in terms of smoothness or buffering, as I used my tablet to watch my own channel. Obviously the stream and the download was happening on the same network WiFi, and it was buffering for me when watching it on the tablet. Thsi could have been just my bandwidth being sucked up by both :)

Well, I have still a lot of work to do on it, but if you care to watch me when I am on, my username is 'UKJim' - I will be more than likely on tomorrow night around 8pm - 9pm British Time. If not why not follow me and then if I am on, good times (hopefully). 

If the streaming is complete and utter pants in terms of buffering and all that jazz, I will not do it again, but it's worth a shot. 

Thanks in advance 

Jim

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be there, Jim

Ha, fun times for a few days running yourself off the taxiways and runways, then your feet will get themselves sorted and you'll wonder how you got along without them. Cheers!

Love that region Jim, have a great time, sorry I can't join in but have loads of forum admin to do tonight. Cheers!

1 hour ago, mutley said:

Hope to be there Jim if I can, as have a few chores to :)

I have not setup my webcam or mic at the moment so it will probably be a quick flight and possibly not very good but hey ho ;)

I'll be streaming from now on if it all goes well so catch me another day. 

Hopefully starting streaming now - so see if you can catch me on Twitch right now 'UKJim' - I have access to the chat so if you can feedback any issues that would be great :) First stream so please be gentle as I am still learning - may have to abandon ;)

1 hour ago, Bumblebee said:

Well, I was late for that. But the little I caught was fine, no problems streaming at all. I will be punctual at the gate to catch the flight next time :) 

Well I'm grateful either way - it was nice having some company along the flight. Had some random join and he stayed all the way to the end. I think my next stream will be on Wednesday so keep an eye out. 

I've updated my signature to show my Twitter, Twitch and YouTube sites. All personal so expect non flight items too ;)

Thanks for joining in on the stream and helping me out very much appreciated!!

• Like 1

I have been working hard to get this going and had a lot of interest so it made me put even more effort in - so here is a preview of my current setup, I now have scrolling test that says about the flight and also if I am away from keyboard etc - I also have a moving map (plan G) and a follower popup when someone follows or subs to the channel :)

I may be streaming tonight about 8pm UK time for an hour dependant on child :)

StreamSetup.png

Thanks guys n' gals!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, brett said:

Caught it right at the end, I'll try again next time.:)

What was your username mate? 

If anyone joins and you are from Mutleys crew then do shout what your mutley username is too as I may recognise you from here :)

Mega stream tonight flew the Comanche from East Midlands to Welshpool to Caernarfon to Isle of Man. Then clouds came in and had to land somewhere safe. 

Reloaded a flight and went from East Midlands down to near Birmingham. I say near because I didn't have a clue what airport I ended up at lol.

The settings seem ok for now but I'd love to have people join and let me know how it looks, whether it looks sharp and clear, whether the sound is ok, and if they either get blocky sections or buffering. 

Already got a few followers and had some regulars come back for more so I think its going well. 

I'll be on tomorrow night around 19:30 until late - not sure where I am flying yet byt it's good to talk. 

Thanks

Possible stream tonight 19:30 - 21:00 UK Time - Comanche flight hopefully, maybe drop some VATSIM circuits in too, if I am not too tired from work.

Don't forget to join my twitter and I will keep you updated as and when I am streaming. 

Thanks

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 19:58, UKJim said:

What was your username mate? 

If anyone joins and you are from Mutleys crew then do shout what your mutley username is too as I may recognise you from here :)

I'm sort of like a caveman and don't have a Twitter account yet, actually never needed it yet.:huh: I did see you parked and tied down on the runway everything seemed to look fine except for your precarious parking spot.:D

11 hours ago, brett said:

I'm sort of like a caveman and don't have a Twitter account yet, actually never needed it yet.:huh: I did see you parked and tied down on the runway everything seemed to look fine except for your precarious parking spot.:D

LOLOL - TIREDNESS KILLS PEOPLE!!

I was tired and in a rush to get off, so had to just dump it. You don't need Twitter but I find it a great resource for the flight sim community, I follow a few flight sim developers and groups; then I get notification on updates and so forth, 

I was just trying to steer away from announcing in here every other day ;) I am sure I am annoying at least one person (laws of averages) hehe. 

The stream last night went great, only had two viewers the whole flight but the one viewer stayed the entire trip chatting. I basically sold him the A2A Comanche lol - he was amazed at the detail. Didn't get to go on VATSIM due to time, but I did some VOR navigation with the following route...

EGNX - TNT - MCT - WAL - IOM - EGNS (hopefully didn't miss any waypoints out of that. 

The good thing about that route was I have UK2000 EGNX, EGGP, EGCC - so all my payware airport scenery we past and discussed too. Ending up in Isle of Man by Earth Simulations - how on earth (pardon the pun) did they go under? Their scenery was amazing!

Well, next stream I am hoping will be during the day on Wednesday; it depends on how busy I am though so it may not go ahead. BUt if you're bored from around 9am - feel free to join in :)

Thanks all,

Jim

8 hours ago, UKJim said:

I was just trying to steer away from announcing in here every other day ;) I am sure I am annoying at least one person (laws of averages) hehe. 

There is a name for people who try to avoid annoying anyone..."Hermit". You literally need to find a cave in desolation somewhere to avoid annoying someone. :D

I have been slammed at work, and unable to check out the feed. I'll catch you when I can.

So please keep on making those annoying announcements... or I'll never catch you. :)

Cheers,

Matt.

• Like 1

I get ya and I will keep announcing but I just thought if I'm shouting on twitter then it saves the spam in the forum. I don't mind either way. 

Cheers I look forward to seeing you on ;)

May be on tomorrow at 9am but not for definite have to see how busy real life keeps me. 

Stream happening tonight 19:00 - 21:00 UK time.

Taking the Comanche out for a run again - I am currently thinking starting at the Isle of Man then working my way up to Cumbernauld with some possible touch and go's along the way. It all depends on time, but either way flying and chatting for a couple of hours - all good fun. 

Link is in my signature below ;)

Thanks

55 minutes ago, Bumblebee said:

Will try to occupy a backseat for the flight, but can't be sure what I'm doing yet.

All good - it will be cool to have people join but tbh it make no difference to me - I simply run one piece of software and fly like I normally would; if people are there to chat to then it's a bonus :)

Lewis from A2A said he may join and do a multiplayer flight with me half way through, but this may end up being a different night, have to wait and see ;)

The last stream was great with Lewis joining and a few viewers taking part too. It was a great laugh.

I have family coming over later on tonight but I may be able to sneak away for a quick flight - obviously time is unknown so keep an eye out ;)

The plan is to complete the small strips tour I started and this time I'll be flying the Cherokee - makes a change to the Comanche. 

If I don't make it online then my apologise and I'll be on soon! 

Cheers

12 hours ago, UKJim said:

I have family coming over later on tonight but I may be able to sneak away for a quick flight - obviously time is unknown so keep an eye out ;)

Don't get caught or there will be an intervention in your future.:P

• Like 1

Monday night stream 1900-2100 UK time. Comanche I missed you! 

I'll be testing out my new setup as I've recently added a second monitor to use for maps, stream chat and anything else that normally gets in the way! 

I've had to mess with the volumes and could do with some help testing that too :)

Looking forward to a good flight may even start at one of my new airfields who knows ;)

Link is in my signature. 

Thanks guys n' gals!

Performed a last minute flight today EGBB to EGPF. 10k feet in the Comanche - heaven :)

If you missed my streams live, you can also catch up viewing as they are on my channel even when I'm offline.

Possible stream happening later about 8pm UK time depending on family duties ;)