Twitch Streaming - Username 'UKJim'

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be there, Jim

Ha, fun times for a few days running yourself off the taxiways and runways, then your feet will get themselves sorted and you'll wonder how you got along without them. Cheers!

Love that region Jim, have a great time, sorry I can't join in but have loads of forum admin to do tonight. Cheers!

Hi Jim.

I'm following your channel.

I've tried myself to stream something, but the results are far from acceptable with something more like a slideshow.

Internet speed is good, maybe something wrong in my broadcaster configuration.

Which software are you using to broadcast? How do you get the picture-in-picture and the frame around the video window? Thanks for any advice!

Edited by rosariomanzo
1 hour ago, rosariomanzo said:

Hi Jim.

I'm following your channel.

I've tried myself to stream something, but the results are far from acceptable with something more like a slideshow.

Internet speed is good, maybe something wrong in my broadcaster configuration.

Which software are you using to broadcast? How do you get the picture-in-picture and the frame around the video window? Thanks for any advice!

Hi mate, 

I did notice you had followed :) so thanks for that; look forward to seeing you join sometime.

I use OBS Studio for my streaming - I do have a YouTube video with my settings over at my YouTube channel. My internet is not fast at all, but somehow I get quite good smooth stream. 

As for the boxes, they are overlays and done in photoshop, a quick google of how to make OBS studio overlays should do the trick. Effectively all it is, is an image file with a border and transparent middle. Then you add an image item to the OBS scene and choose your image. 

Once you have got used to OBS Studio, go check out 'Twitch Alerts' and 'Nightbot' - also there are many tutorials on how to add your twitch chat to your stream too. I would recommend this as there is a delay between twitch chat and broadcaster, so it makes it easier for the viewers to see when you actually received the message. 

Good Luck :)

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...