Strange Disappearance or I'm losing my marbles

I'm not sure which is correct - am I losing my marbles? Or, has my Air Hauler (1) database changed somehow?

I'm (almost) positive that there used to be a field under "My Fleet" that showed the Cargo Capacity of each of my aircraft. It is still present in the "Lease/Buy Used" and the "New Aircraft Purchase" pages.

Anyone care to comment?

It's a bit better than it was before. All the aircraft specs are below the list once you clik on them...and it is Actual Available Space taking the fuel load into account, unlike AH1 that just listed the Max AI ammount possible based on full fuel load.

cheers.

Coff.

AH2cargocapac.jpg

Edited by Captain Coffee

Yeah,

Thanks John, not in the right-click menu. I AM losing my marbles! I'd a sworn on a stack of pancakes that capacities (without going to the trouble of calculating from MTOW/EW/Fuel) was there. Rats!

Thanks Matt, but that's AH2 - Although I'm experimenting with that one, I'm still flying in AH (one). In fact, what I was doing, I was trying to compare capacities in (one) versus (two). They're the same in case anyone is interested.

Well, that's weird. Did you find it...there has always been a cargo capacity field in my AH1 Fleet window.

I just opened AH1 (first time since AH2-EA came out :) ) and confirmed it. In the My Fleet window the Cargo Capacity field is present...but it is ofc the capacity that an AI can load, not taking into account actual capacity if YOU were to fly the plane. For the capacity you can use...You have to open the Load/Unload Cargo window using the rt click menu.

Cheers.

Matt.

Edited by Captain Coffee

That's what I thought, Matt. Thanks for checking. I'll log on to the AH forum and see if I can work out how this field disappeared and what I might be able to do to get it back. Unfortunately Slopey is a bit busy these days so he's not likely to be a source for a while.

The good news is - I'm not losing my marbles.

well I have well and truely lost mine.... AH1 has totally dissappeared from my screen...found it in Apps but I am being told that the .exe is missing....mmmm have I pressed something I shouldnt have.....cant find it anywhere...sure I didnt uninstall it.......:(

These problems aren't likely to be a result of loading AH2. The two programs are in completely different directories. However, who knows what mysterious electrickery goes on in the innards.

I have resisted importing my AH companies into AH2 until a stable version is available.

??? Any chance that you might have uninstalled the number one version while updating the number 2 version between EA updates?

John... apologies for stating the obvious  especially if you tried this already...( No apologies and yer welcome if you haven't... hahaha ...) remember that the fleet window has a whole bunch of fields that stick off the right side of the screen and you have to scroll over to them. Maybe the cargo capacity got moved to a default setting out of view on right side of the list???

I also do not intend to import air hauler 1 companies into number two until I'm certain It's the final version. :)

16 minutes ago, Captain Coffee said:

??? Any chance that you might have uninstalled the number one version while updating the number 2 version between EA updates?

Nope - as I said; two completely different directories. I presume I've been doing things correctly - remove the AH2 version with the Windoze programs removal tool. Re-install the next version.

I went so far as to export the "Fleet" info to Excel and read through the column headers in that program - no evidence of "Cargo Capacity" remains.

Matt I cant see how that can happen as they go to different places, there is nothing not even an old game save.....I will check with Slopey but I am sure AH2 install wouldnt touch it....dont know if there is a log somewhere which would show installs/uninstals?

I'm starting to wonder now.

I've been using AH2 for a while. Ignoring my two companies in AH1. I thought I'd better log on to the AH1 companies to pay salaries and insurance premiums - this being the first day of a new month. While doing that I thought it wise to send the AI out on a few jobs to pay their salaries, base rental, etc.

I,m noticing that there are other features of AH1 that have gone away. Features other than the "Capacity" field in the Fleet window. I notice that I no longer have:

- couloured route lines - used to be colour A for outgoing, colour B for incoming, Colour C for base to base, etc. Now everything is the same colour. I recall that this was a setting in the "Options" menu. No longer there.

- "Reputation Log" is gone. Used to be a button on the finance page. No longer there.

- I recall there was a total for jobs accepted on the "My Jobs" page. Gone.

Any one else experiencing this phenomenon? Data in hyperspace.

Hey, thanks Matt. That's what mine used to look like.

I'd post the duplicates from my system but I'm severely limited for the next little while wifi-wise. Right now I'm in Bedwell Harbour, Pender Island, BC,  swinging on the hook and I get wifi only when the boat is pointing south or thereabouts. The long range antenna is supposed to be multi-directional (it's round) but obviously the electrickery doesn't see it that way. Soon as I get a decent hook-up, I'll post the screenshots.

I'm going to try the AH1 forum if I can get connected. I'm hoping this one goes as I've only got 5 of 10 bars on the wifi meter.

Quick question - can you post a screenshot of your "version" pop-up? = Options/About

I have a suspicion that I have somehow lost the Service Pack 2. This is entirely possible because I downloaded my company backup files to my laptop to take with me on the boat. It used to be installed on this machine because this is the computer I used for several years with AH1.

When I go to the JustFlight site I see they're already up to "SP4.1. 

I'm trying to d/l now, but I'm not holding my breath due to the crummy internet connection. Negative: downloaded 0.1MB in about five minutes

OK - got a bit of bandwidth.

Here's my screenshots:

Finances

CompanyFinances.jpg

Page 1 for "Fleet"

FleetPage1.jpg

Page 2 for "Fleet"
FleetPage2.jpg

Map and Options

MapandOptionsMisc.jpg

"Version" - I don't know if this page would normally show Service Packs that are installed
Version.jpg

That seems to be your issue. Your version is way out of date. Can you kedge an anchor out to keep your antenna pointed at your best signal? :D The download is gonna be your fix.

Alternately, start your download, go out on deck and manually hold the antenna and keep it aimed at the internet connection. :P

Alternatly...take your laptop to a starbucks and use their wifi to download the updates. :thum:

Cheers.

AH1Versionpic.jpg

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

Thanks Matt. Can't aim the antenna. It's about 15 ft above the aft deck at the top of an old Laser mast. I'll get right on it. Starbucks - nearest one is in Victoria. Long dinghy ride.

• Like 1

OK Done! This subject is put to bed.

Lack of the proper update file was the culprit. All AH1 pages back to normal.

Can't believe I didn't figure out that one right away. Complacent, I guess - AH always worked fine on this laptop (I think). Lord knows how long it's been since I used this laptop to run AH. I'd a thought it was the last time I went off on a cruise, but maybe not. That was just last summer.

Thanks, again, Matt

Now if I could just figure out how to "Thank" someone on this new MH, I'd be a happy camper.