FTX openLC North America Released

o3j960_5eb2bba1f52a06d2c91ffbd4cd5c583d.

News from Orbx!

We're pleased to announce that openLC NA has been released and now the whole continent is complete! 

We have now completed the FTX openLC North America pack after starting off with the northern half - Arctic, Alaska and Canada. openLC North America now covers an area over 24 million square kilometres with FTX Global custom textures and new textures unique to openLC.

FTXG openLC as the name suggests, replaces the default landclass layer with higher detailed and a better variety of land types. This in turn creates a more varied and accurate terrain with FSX or P3D. It has been specifically designed to work with both FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector as part of the total simulator overhaul.

With FTX Global and openLC North America you can now begin to explore the vast and beautiful area of North and Central America, Greenland as well as the Caribbean islands and Hawaii. Make sure to check the photoreal volcanoes of Popocatépetl, Iztaccihauatl, Colima, San Cristobal-Casita, Telica & Momotombo as well in your travels. 

• Hand crafted landclass for 24 million sq km.
  •  Thousands of superb new textures
  •  Greatly reduced texture repetition
  •  Full five seasons support
  •  New night lighting tech to major cities!
  •  Made for FTX Global and Vector
  •  Accurate cities, towns, villages
  •  Each geographic area feels unique
  •  6 photoreal volcanoes in Mexico and Nicaragua
  •  Plenty to explore! 

More here ... https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxgolcna

Wise move Arnie. 

The actual downloads didn't take me long in reality but getting on line to get them was a nightmare.

It was in the early hours of this morning that I finally got it all installed.

Too big to install at the moment, but will def. be getting this before the discount runs out.

My aircraft hangar is fairly trimmed down at the moment, but there are a few Fun Flyers I can remove I guess to fit this.

One of these days I need to rebuild my system and install my new 500g SSD...sigh.

(purchased and attempted to download the first of 4 parts...said it would take 11 days to download...hahaha, nevermind for now).

Edited by Captain Coffee
1 hour ago, J G said:

This looks great!  As I run down lifes clock another year this month I feel a birthday present coming on.

If you have Alaska/NA you get a nice discount (was only 29usd after), if you don't, you deserve the Entire North Continent for your birthday, buy the north part first, save a few bucks.

:hb2: in advance!