East Midlands from a different angle

We you couldn't do that before the patch, so yeah it's much better. I did find an issue with the GPS unit, and someone from Just Flight got in touch with a fix, sent me a file, I tested it and he is going to put it in the next service pack for general role out :)

The plane is easy enough for my 5 year old to have a crack, so he enjoyed throwing this all over the place yesterday too. 

Cheers

• Like 1
7 hours ago, UKJim said:

The plane is easy enough for my 5 year old to have a crack,.... 

Really? Wondering if maybe they tamed it down just a tad tooooo much if a 5 year old is having a go with it?

Or are we talking about prodigy/young Howard Hughes style 5 year old? :D

Btw... I have a friend who's five year old daughter has said she would like to be a pilot when she grows up... Possibly just kid talk after a fun day at an airshow, but I'm dying to give her a chance to try out my flight simulator. So far mom hasn't taken me up on the offer, but it still stands. I am so very much in favor of letting kids have the opportunity to experience whatever excites them, so that they can find out what really excites them and gives them a good shot in the life ahead of them.

Edited by Captain Coffee
8 hours ago, brett said:

Yee haw, fly it like ya stole it.:D Nice shot Jim.:thum:

I think I can hear the tower shouting 'CLOSER!' at me - next time tower, I will fly by closer ;)

All them Ryanair and Flybe captains were not impressed when I dumped them with red smoke hehe.

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 03:21, UKJim said:

I think I can hear the tower shouting 'CLOSER!' at me - next time tower, I will fly by closer ;)

All them Ryanair and Flybe captains were not impressed when I dumped them with red smoke hehe.

It's nice how a parent can have an influence on their children's interest.  Maybe I am showing my age, but in the 60's (1960's.....not 1860's!! :rofl:), my Dad bought me the Airfix kits from  'Woolies' as they were affectionately known.  He helped me make them and after a while, he felt that I knew what he was doing and left me to it (and several cut fingers!!).  I carried on with this hobby until I move to the USA about 9 years ago.  I realized that it would cost way to much to transport my hobby over here, so started a new one......Flight Sim!!  :D

Anyway, I enjoyed making models and  it earned me money, as I used to write for some magazines, but now it's a new way of life...flying planes instead of making them!  No waiting for paint and glue to dry....:wacko2:

Martin

Yeah and every hobby has it's frustrations too - i.e. when FSX decides there are too many clouds in the sky and no matter how powerful your machine is, it decides it wants to roll in at 16 fps with a million stutters! hehe. 

As you can tell, I am having a bit of grief at the moment ;)

Airfix rocks, they have a new range now that is more for kids - I have bought my son the Hawk T1 in the black livery with the skull, and a spitfire - he enjoyed building it and because it's like lego, he can take it apart and rebuild it too...

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/quick-build-bae-hawk.html

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/quick-build-spitfire.html

1. 6 hours ago, UKJim said:

Yeah and every hobby has it's frustrations too - i.e. when FSX decides there are too many clouds in the sky and no matter how powerful your machine is, it decides it wants to roll in at 16 fps with a million stutters! hehe. 

As you can tell, I am having a bit of grief at the moment ;)

Airfix rocks, they have a new range now that is more for kids - I have bought my son the Hawk T1 in the black livery with the skull, and a spitfire - he enjoyed building it and because it's like lego, he can take it apart and rebuild it too...

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/quick-build-bae-hawk.html

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/quick-build-spitfire.html

Yeah...Airfix has vastly improved since being taken over by Hornby. They have some really good stuff for kids and enthusiasts alike.

With regard to clouds, my computer does not like clouds either.  I love using clouds on flights, but there can be a price to pay.

Martin

I think I fixed my performance issues changed a few options in dx10 fixer. Still need to test it though so that will be in my stream later tonight at 7pm UK. 

I think my old settings did not have the option to prevent MSAA on clouds ticked so it was running antialiasing on the clouds. Also I converted all effects and I read doing it on particles can have issues. So I've changed this and hopefully will be better. Soon see later hehe!

5 hours ago, mutley said:

Good luck Jim, hopefully the performance will be as good as the streamI viewed a few weeks ago :)

Indeed you did mate thanks again! The performance turned out to be great so I have since upped the settings even more now. 

I think it was the particle thing and the cloud option too - I reset dx10 fixer with default profile and started a fresh. This worked out great in the end. 

I even tried the NGX using the same settings and it was smooth as a nut. It's been a while since I took up the NGX. 

1 hour ago, Captain Coffee said:

Going to try out this "Cloud fix"...It never occured to me to check that before in DX10 fixer....but makes perfect sense. More clouds typically mean less framerate...hopefully this will help a bit.

Well it helped my frames - the logic being if there are lots of clouds and they are all being processed through antialiasing then it will have a performance hit. Take away the antialiasing and saves performance hit.

No harm in trying aye ;)