REALAIR

Shame but inevitable as devs (and their customers) age. It is encouraging that young folks like Misha Cajic (probably spelt wrong...sorry Misha) over at ORBx are involved in the genre...let us hope Dovetail Games and the Warbird sims entice more customers and devs to our "fields".

I never bought any Real Air products, too bad as I'm sure someday I will regret not having grabbed the Turbine Duke when I had the chance.

Hope those guys and their family do well with their changes of life situations.

Cheers Real Air...sorry I missed you.

I join many in their sadness about RealAir and I've e-mailed Rob and Sean to express my best wishes to them and hopes that Carla's therapy will bring happier news in the future.

Being a touchy subject, I dare not ask how I could upgrade my FSX Legacy to P3D if indeed it was available. So, is there anybody out there that could point me in the right direction or am I boxed in on this.

Difficult.

Regards,

Richard.

I think you might be boxed in, but...Rob Young has let it be known that RealAir is in discussion with a number of potential new homes for their aircraft. although nothing is certain. Obviously he can't provide any more information than that, but at least there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm very keen to upgrade my Turbine Duke and Legacy to V2, so fingers crossed.

Edited by Holdit

Thanks Paul. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel but, unless Rob and Sean are applying their touch of magic in any way, then It just won't be the same pedigree. If somebody can see the benefits of an upgrade installer then there is hope. I bought into the Duke V2 upgrade a few months ago when I first installed P3DV3.4, so I was lucky.

Thanks ,Joe. I've got the migration tool but I'm a bit wary that the Legacy, which is not the P3D version, will slide across without issues of which you read about in various forums. If I can be successful with newly installed Spad to overcome Saitek problems then at least I can fly it FSX and be done with it.

Many thanks to you both for your interest.

Regards,

Richard.