From the land of the long white cloud!

Built by New Zealands Fletcher Aerospace, the FU-24 was designed as an Agricultural Aircraft and first flew in 1954. Although production has now ceased, many are still in service and have been rebuilt and updated over time. This freeware model has several different versions with both Crop Duster and Light Haulage variants, also different engines and VC layouts(that actually work!). She is delightful to fly but tends to nose up so once airborne you must add some nose down trim otherwise you'll stall, this is done by moving the trim winder on the port side of the cockpit , (although on one version they've omitted to fit it, however that can also be done using the keypad.) Once trimmed she is stable and pleasant to fly, progress is sedate but then this aircraft was not built for speed. She is very stable and will land on a postage stamp virtually! Landing speed is around the 70mph mark. I know some you guys like to run Air Hauler flights and this ship is ideal for it. Anyway here is the Fletcher FU-24-900.  Thanks to Sutton Bank Gliding Club for the use of their airfield used for this demonstration!    fu24_v3.zip 

01_zps6bg9kuq7.png
02_zpsarhhj9hy.png
03_zpsbkwxbkmn.png
4_zpssab44sap.png
04_zpsxazoh4ck.png
05_zpsinc5wm4i.png
06_zps383kehva.png
07_zps7perq3dx.png
08_zpsuodhfvmb.png
09_zpsjibojxy9.png
10_zps88cqbmfu.png
11_zpsofxd3as1.png
12_zpsloszytyq.png
13_zpstvm141hv.png
14_zpslmshw2ys.png
15_zpsk3elknpx.png
16_zpsm5s5msob.png
17_zps5kroh09r.png
18_zpsxdxiabf3.png
19_zpskxqcji9k.png
20_zpswlgcudce.png
21_zpsykkp378c.png
22_zpshv58tc7v.png
23_zpsu03maqjc.png
24_zpsnrfafqeh.png
25_zpsnljotfwp.png
26_zpsfldeujcg.png
27_zpsvhtaochc.png
28_zpszxjtkobu.png
29_zpss5o0vnc3.png
30_zpsujgbfisx.png
31_zps5refnmwb.png
32_zpsrrso1uil.png
33_zpssna3sgnx.png
34_zpspwam4jqx.png
35_zpstngyior5.png
36_zpsaxuwubre.png
37_zpsnsnue1jr.png
38_zpszye2pfhq.png
39_zpsvpmquo1g.png
40_zpsdez227zt.png
41_zpsasgybev8.png
42_zpspz2tbosr.png
43_zpsgkjnnbwr.png
44_zpsxlxbmfuv.png

Thanks for viewing guys.

Edited by dodgy-alan

Neat little crop duster, and very nicely appointed VC for a freeware. I'm taking an Airhauler break (and tend to prefer the faster side of addons for it :) Something like this could be a decent Cargo Starter however to replace the stock C172 ) but I have aCropDuster addon from the holiday season I'm still working through... this could be just the trick for it. Thanks for including the direct link  :)

edit: I imported it to AH to see its stats. Too expensive for a Career Starter plane at 456,000 purchase price, but the cargo vs/cost ratio is Huge...a very profitable little hauler able to carry 2300lbs or more...albeit a bit slowly. :)

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

Truly a terrific freeware. I have been bombing it around fields near Travis/Delta area for a little bit now and had to come back to reiterate how nice this is...Very nice interior and exterior, and very HiFi Sounds, and some neat little touches like a wing mirror that changes views to indicate the undertank tank door is open or closed...superb share Alan. :D

• Like 1