SU-57 - 4.5th Generation Fighter?

Maybe their still waiting for someone to sell them our latest plans. :whis: I gather since it was just reported as new we should soon be seeing Putin flying one without a shirt .:D

• Haha 3
  • 10 months later...

Headline: Russia admits defeat on its 'stealth' F-35 killer by canceling mass production of the Su-57 fighter jet

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-admits-defeat-su-57-not-going-into-mass-production-2018-7

Scathing article debunks the Su-57's capability.  12 built - that's all there will be.

My favorite line from the article: "By all means, the Su-57 appeared a next-level dogfighting jet capable of taking out the US's best fighters in close combat, but its failure to integrate stealth made getting in close with an F-35 or F-22 an unlikely bet."

John

I think they took a different approach to Stealth Technology since then.

All's fair in love, war, and another country's democratic elections.

#UpdatedCliches

Who needs an advanced stealth fighter when you own the competition's Commander in Chief?

• Haha 1
On 23/07/2018 at 10:40, dodgy-alan said:

Next thing you'll see is Trump offering to sell Putin the F-22 and F35!

Just like the post war Labour government selling Jet engines to the Russians so that they could reverse engineer them in time for the Korean war. Doh!

• Haha 1
On 25/07/2018 at 00:36, J G said:

Just like the post war Labour government selling Jet engines to the Russians so that they could reverse engineer them in time for the Korean war. Doh!

Yep, exactly! LOL. And the Russians offering to sell us the AN-72 when the RAF announced it's need for a new load lugger! Oddly enough we turned that offer down! LOL